Medical Condition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RunwayModel

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do they check on the Annual Certificate of Medical Condition pretty regularly or is that a formality? I haven't gotten any calls about it, but I haven't turned it in for quite a while (didn't know I was supposed to). I would think if they really cared about it they would call.
 
Do they check on the Annual Certificate of Medical Condition pretty regularly or is that a formality? I haven't gotten any calls about it, but I haven't turned it in for quite a while (didn't know I was supposed to). I would think if they really cared about it they would call.

If you're an HPSP student, you'll go to apply for an AT and you won't be able get your orders processed because it's not up to date. I had a classmate miss out on his AT money for school orders b/c of this.
 
How did you do yours? There is one upper class here who said they had the doc at the school clinic sign off on it. I thought it was supposed to a mil doc, but you can't get an appointment cause you're a reservist and not on active duty. But you can't get on active duty because of, well you see the cycle.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am an HPSP student. What is AT? Are the medical requirements/disqualifications for promotion the same as those for enlistment or are they more lenient on the promotion aspects once you've enlisted?
 
active duty training. As far as when the requirements are most stringent, when you are transitioning. IE, trying to get a commission. Once you are in, they waiver almost anything. And you aren't enlisted, just be careful with the term. Enlisted refers to the petty officers/sergeants. You're an officer, not enlisted. It is solely semantics, but I thought I would warn you since it sound like you just didn't know. Your contract as an officer is open ended, meaning if you don't resign, you can continue working. The enlisted guys have to re-up whenever their contract is up. At their re-enlistment ceremony, you read their discharge papers and then give the oath of office. As officers we don't go through this, we sign contracts stating that we agree to serve for another five years for a certain bonus package, etc, and our resignation is under review by the secretary of defense, meaning you can try and quite if you and contractually bound but may be denied. Completely different set of rules, but you should know what you are getting into.
 
Thanks. The upper class said pretty much the same thing, but I just wanted to get some second opinions. I pretty much feel like I am running my own show, which is a good and bad thing.
 
active duty training. As far as when the requirements are most stringent, when you are transitioning. IE, trying to get a commission. Once you are in, they waiver almost anything. And you aren't enlisted, just be careful with the term. Enlisted refers to the petty officers/sergeants. You're an officer, not enlisted. It is solely semantics, but I thought I would warn you since it sound like you just didn't know. Your contract as an officer is open ended, meaning if you don't resign, you can continue working. The enlisted guys have to re-up whenever their contract is up. At their re-enlistment ceremony, you read their discharge papers and then give the oath of office. As officers we don't go through this, we sign contracts stating that we agree to serve for another five years for a certain bonus package, etc, and our resignation is under review by the secretary of defense, meaning you can try and quite if you and contractually bound but may be denied. Completely different set of rules, but you should know what you are getting into.

To fully show my ignorance, when you mean transitioning do you mean from going from ensign to Lieutenant or just getting the HPSP scholarship. Thanks for all the help.