SCRA Medical license in California

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

flightdoc09

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone familiar with this? I just saw that California allows you to register an out of state license and supposedly practice in the state if you're there on military orders.


I was wondering if anyone has tried this and had any luck using it for moonlighting. Or if you ended up needing a formal license. Would be nice to avoid spending 1800+ to get a CA license.
 
Is anyone familiar with this? I just saw that California allows you to register an out of state license and supposedly practice in the state if you're there on military orders.


I was wondering if anyone has tried this and had any luck using it for moonlighting. Or if you ended up needing a formal license. Would be nice to avoid spending 1800+ to get a CA license.

Just get a full CA license (if you're planning to moonlight). I wouldn't chance the logistical/legal/admin headaches
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just get a full CA license (if you're planning to moonlight). I wouldn't chance the logistical/legal/admin headaches
Yeah, I guess. Was trying to avoid it since my schedule varies a lot and not sure how much I'll get to moonlight. But I guess the headache isn't worth it