Medical Data Gathering Form

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sivman17

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what people's medical data gathering forms looked like for patient interviews.

How long (how many pages) are they? How much information do you put on them?

If you care to, you can attach them. I am just trying to get ideas to create mine. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I know what the OP is talking about. The form/template/whatever you want to call it that you use when gathering information during an interview. Chief complaint, history, review of systems....that kind of thing.

I am in the process of putting together mine as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well going in mine look like a blank sheet of paper.

On the way out they usually have a bunch of writing under the following subheadings.

CC:

HPI:

PMH:

Psychosocial:

ROS:

Physical Exam:

A/P:

I know what the OP is talking about. The form/template/whatever you want to call it that you use when gathering information during an interview. Chief complaint, history, review of systems....that kind of thing.

I am in the process of putting together mine as well.

Yeah, exactly. We got into groups and we all brought one in and passed it around to each other so we could get different ideas.

Basically it's similar to a patient's medical history chart that he/she fills out when they first come to a doctor's office. I found one online that I modeled mine after. We were told to keep them to two pages or less because we don't want to be flipping through a bunch of papers while interviewing a patient.

Yeah, exactly. We got into groups and we all brought one in and passed it around to each other so we could get different ideas.

Basically it's similar to a patient's medical history chart that he/she fills out when they first come to a doctor's office. I found one online that I modeled mine after. We were told to keep them to two pages or less because we don't want to be flipping through a bunch of papers while interviewing a patient.

Do we go to the same school?