Medical Humor Halloween Costumes?

Started by AR1776
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

AR1776

Flying through
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was just wondering what kind of creative Halloween costumes everyone has come up with. There is just so much material to work with now that we all seem live in the ER.

Here's some ideas I've heard from other residents:
-Gang Green: gangster costumes with green skin
-Upper GI and Lower GI: one person where's a camouflage top and the other a camouflage pants.
-Hospital security guard with the leather biker gloves and other person as the psych patient we put in paper scrubs with wrist restraints and a spit screen hood
 
I was just wondering what kind of creative Halloween costumes everyone has come up with. There is just so much material to work with now that we all seem live in the ER.

Here's some ideas I've heard from other residents:
-Gang Green: gangster costumes with green skin
-Upper GI and Lower GI: one person where's a camouflage top and the other a camouflage pants.
-Hospital security guard with the leather biker gloves and other person as the psych patient we put in paper scrubs with wrist restraints and a spit screen hood

michael jackson with ET tube, BVM and 12 lead hooked up to a lifepak.

If you can borrow a stetcher, setup an ET tube holder and pour your drinks down the tube, you will win the costume contest at the bar.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
michael jackson with ET tube, BVM and 12 lead hooked up to a lifepak.

If you can borrow a stetcher, setup an ET tube holder and pour your drinks down the tube, you will win the costume contest at the bar.

You're forgetting the most important part: a half-full, glass jar with milk, upside down, dripping into a peripheral IV line.
 
Find an old red comforter, cut it into a big poncho sized circle, then put a hole for your head in the center. Wear the poncho/comforter. Next take a single-leg pantyhose, spray paint it red, stuff it full with old rags so it holds its form and put that on your head.

Voila... you're a placenta.

I swear up until the very end I thought you were going to say it was a rectal foreign body.
 
I'm still deciding (party in t-minus 5 hours) but Freudian Slip is pretty high on the list...

little dress with Freudian terms written on it in Sharpie
 
I'll be dressed as an overworked emergency physician tomorrow night.

Anyone else stuck at the same boring party?

Take care,
Jeff
 
One of our nurses, a great big bald white guy, came dressed as Michael Jackson wig, glove and all.

We wanted pictures so we did what any self-respecting ED staff would do.

We grabbed the propofol and defib paddles for the picture!

Hope everyone had a great shift.

Take care,
Jeff
 
Zoo-like! And I worked the day shift. I did get to suture the forehead of the calmest 5 year old patient I ever met though, behaved better than most of the adults I've done, absolutely no flinching or crying and he only looked a little worried when he saw the needle. He was going out later as Wolverine so we joked a bit about how much cooler his costume was going to be with genuine stitches on his face, and what kind of stories he could tell people about them. Hope everyone else had a good one. Cheers,
M
 
We had quite a few interesting (non-medical) costumes come in.
We played a game where we corresponded their EtOH level with their costume.