Medical interpreting/language translation for gap year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

curioussssgeorge

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm thinking about moving to New York for my gap year and beside working as a clinical researcher, I'm also interested in becoming a medical interpreting/translator since 1.5 year of scribing at a local ER has shown me the importance of knowing another language. Unfortunately, I can't find any good insights online regarding the process of becoming certified and getting hired in New York so I was wondering if anyone here would like share their stories. Thanks in advance!

I'm trying to be a translator for mandarin and cantonese if this is needed.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I'm thinking about moving to New York for my gap year and beside working as a clinical researcher, I'm also interested in becoming a medical interpreting/translator since 1.5 year of scribing at a local ER has shown me the importance of knowing another language. Unfortunately, I can't find any good insights online regarding the process of becoming certified and getting hired in New York so I was wondering if anyone here would like share their stories. Thanks in advance!

I'm trying to be a translator for mandarin and cantonese if this is needed.
Did you try to volunteer at any free clinics? some of them may not need a certificate. My kid was a Spanish Interpreter but had no certificate.

Did you try to volunteer at any free clinics? some of them may not need a certificate. My kid was a Spanish Interpreter but had no certificate.
I'm trying to get a paid position since I want to add this to my resume. Thank you though

Reactions: 1 user