• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

dotson

15+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2003
new jersey
Status (Visible)
I am just curious amongst the soon to be M.D.s and those who have gone through their internship. Is it just me or does it seem like when it comes to your medical knowledge that your brain has become fried over this last year. I am wondering, for those who have finished their internship year, if they were able to easily get back into the swing of things. Im kinda scared because I know I knew a lot of stuff by the end of my third year but know it is a different story. Everything just sort of sounds familiar now. Please ensure me that it all comes back.

Thanx

PimplePopperMD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2000
Batlimore
Status (Visible)
this is a very, very common phenomenon. You will find that ALL of your collegues, save that one or two (that you won't get along with anyway, perhaps) will be in the same boat. As an intern, you will feel pretty stupid for at least the first six months, regardless. Now, after eight months, I feel stupid, but not as stupid as before.

Stupid is as stupid does.

See, I don't even know what that means!

KUB

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2002
Status (Visible)
Well said. Part of me thinks I would have been a better intern as a third year medical student, at least at first. No worries. Have fun. The start of your internship is rapidly approaching; and mine is rapidly ending!!!:D

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.