• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Medical Licensing Applications

Poety

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2004
Bible Belt and loving it
  1. Resident [Any Field]
    Ok, I don't know if you have done this, but I just got done perusing the medical board licensing applications for the states I'm applying to and they are RIDICULOUS - Some asked to name EVERY SINGLE JOB EVER - chronologically. Now I don't know about you, but I've been working a mighty long time (like since 13) so how am I supposed to put ALL THOSE DATES when I can't even remember when they were? OY! One application even asks, if you've ever been fired, from .... anywhere, well yeah I was fired, but I can't even remember the reason why, and they want that? It was a GAS STATION for petes sake when I was like 15 :rolleyes:

I think this is going to be a nasty process, yet again= what we've all had to do to get into medicine :scared: I'm going to end up being my own patient at this rate :laugh: Or maybe, my only patient if I can't remember dates?!

Anyone have any ideas on how I can do some serach or something for me to get all my dates in order for old jobs?

OldPsychDoc

Senior Curmudgeon
    Moderator Emeritus
    Verified Expert
    15+ Year Member
    Dec 2, 2004
    Left of Center
    1. Attending Physician
      Poety said:
      Ok, I don't know if you have done this, but I just got done perusing the medical board licensing applications for the states I'm applying to and they are RIDICULOUS - Some asked to name EVERY SINGLE JOB EVER - chronologically. Now I don't know about you, but I've been working a mighty long time (like since 13) so how am I supposed to put ALL THOSE DATES when I can't even remember when they were? OY! One application even asks, if you've ever been fired, from .... anywhere, well yeah I was fired, but I can't even remember the reason why, and they want that? It was a GAS STATION for petes sake when I was like 15 :rolleyes:

I think this is going to be a nasty process, yet again= what we've all had to do to get into medicine :scared: I'm going to end up being my own patient at this rate :laugh: Or maybe, my only patient if I can't remember dates?!

Anyone have any ideas on how I can do some serach or something for me to get all my dates in order for old jobs?

You ain't seen nothin' until you are filling out all the forms needed for credentialling by hospitals, third-party payors, etc. after you finish residency.
      Better get used to it...

Oh--and don't bother filling out any of those forms until after you know which state you're going to!

Poety

10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Dec 22, 2004
      Bible Belt and loving it
      1. Resident [Any Field]
        Thanks OldPsychDoc, Im definitely going to have to do the whole nursing license thing, so I thought I could prepare that now - why do they want a statement? weird. Maybe I can just get away with # and states. so it gets worse huh? great, just what I've been looking forward to <sigh> :oops:

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.