1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Medical Licensing Applications

Discussion in 'Psychiatry' started by Poety, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Poety

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Ok, I don't know if you have done this, but I just got done perusing the medical board licensing applications for the states I'm applying to and they are RIDICULOUS - Some asked to name EVERY SINGLE JOB EVER - chronologically. Now I don't know about you, but I've been working a mighty long time (like since 13) so how am I supposed to put ALL THOSE DATES when I can't even remember when they were? OY! One application even asks, if you've ever been fired, from .... anywhere, well yeah I was fired, but I can't even remember the reason why, and they want that? It was a GAS STATION for petes sake when I was like 15 :rolleyes:

I think this is going to be a nasty process, yet again= what we've all had to do to get into medicine :scared: I'm going to end up being my own patient at this rate :laugh: Or maybe, my only patient if I can't remember dates?!

Anyone have any ideas on how I can do some serach or something for me to get all my dates in order for old jobs?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. OldPsychDoc

OldPsychDoc Senior Curmudgeon
    Physician Moderator Emeritus SDN Advisor 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    You ain't seen nothin' until you are filling out all the forms needed for credentialling by hospitals, third-party payors, etc. after you finish residency.
    Better get used to it...

Oh--and don't bother filling out any of those forms until after you know which state you're going to!

4. Poety

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Thanks OldPsychDoc, Im definitely going to have to do the whole nursing license thing, so I thought I could prepare that now - why do they want a statement? weird. Maybe I can just get away with # and states. so it gets worse huh? great, just what I've been looking forward to <sigh> :oops: