Medical Licensing Applications

Discussion in 'Psychiatry' started by Poety, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Poety

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Ok, I don't know if you have done this, but I just got done perusing the medical board licensing applications for the states I'm applying to and they are RIDICULOUS - Some asked to name EVERY SINGLE JOB EVER - chronologically. Now I don't know about you, but I've been working a mighty long time (like since 13) so how am I supposed to put ALL THOSE DATES when I can't even remember when they were? OY! One application even asks, if you've ever been fired, from .... anywhere, well yeah I was fired, but I can't even remember the reason why, and they want that? It was a GAS STATION for petes sake when I was like 15 :rolleyes:

I think this is going to be a nasty process, yet again= what we've all had to do to get into medicine :scared: I'm going to end up being my own patient at this rate :laugh: Or maybe, my only patient if I can't remember dates?!

Anyone have any ideas on how I can do some serach or something for me to get all my dates in order for old jobs?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. OldPsychDoc

OldPsychDoc Senior Curmudgeon
    Physician Moderator Emeritus SDN Advisor 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    You ain't seen nothin' until you are filling out all the forms needed for credentialling by hospitals, third-party payors, etc. after you finish residency.
    Better get used to it...

Oh--and don't bother filling out any of those forms until after you know which state you're going to!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Poety

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Thanks OldPsychDoc, Im definitely going to have to do the whole nursing license thing, so I thought I could prepare that now - why do they want a statement? weird. Maybe I can just get away with # and states. so it gets worse huh? great, just what I've been looking forward to <sigh> :oops: