Medical Licensure and SPEEDING TICKETS?!?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrPunk

DrPunk
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody else, while applying for their Medical License, had the ridiculous requirement of having to document and a write an explanation for each seperate Speeding Ticket they've ever recieved?!!?!??!?!?!:eek:

I was told I have to obtain old records from up to 10 years ago if I recieved a speeding ticket over $100. Are you kidding me? :thumbdown:

My original speeding tickets were all less than $100. But, I had all four of my speeding tickets reduced to Non-Moving violations, which is done by doubling the fine, hence pushing it over the $100 mark.

Anybody know anything about this, or do I even have to list them?:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

im applying for MA lic and they dont ask you about speeding tickets

what crazy state is this? Ohio?

Even the insurance companies don't go this far back. Speeding tickets? They are wiped usually from your record after about 3 years. I can see DUI/DWI but this is INSANE.

Run a check on yourself with the State police ONLY admit to what shows up.

My legal advice worth nothing.............. but what lawyer is worth his salt anyway.

Got screwed by lawyers.

Run a check on yourself with the State police ONLY admit to what shows up.

Yeah, this is really bad advice. Admit to anything they ask for as honestly as possible. Disclosing speeding tickets won't prevent a person from getting a license. Not disclosing and subsequent discovery will. Medical Boards take a dim view of lying on your application.

This crazy state is Missouri.

I Checked everything, my Driving record, my criminal history, called the different municipalities, county courts, highway patrol, Department of Revenue and insurance company all say im squeeky clean.

I know I got 4 speeding tickets in my life, had them all reduced to non-moving violations, which im guessing wipes them off your record, which i guess is the whole point, as I did that so it wouldnt affect my insurance cost.

Im not gonna mention anything, cause if all of the above's institutions dont show anything, I can't imagine the Medical Licensing Board having a magic machine that finds this stuff out.

Maybe you should tell them; they may view speeding tickets as a positive indicator of what you will do to get to work on time!

My hospital indicates they run a credit check. Any comments on this? What do you all think?

I had to report all my tickets in California. I got letters from 3 states saying they have no record of me. The licensing board didnt ask any questions.

How can I get a report of all my past speeding tickets? I got one like 6 or 7 years ago that I really can't remember the specifics, like date, what speed, etc.

Thanks.

My hospital indicates they run a credit check. Any comments on this? What do you all think?

Ok, this is total BS!! Speeding tickets are also BS!! These two items are shining examples of "going too far!" I wish that they would be made illegal. I do not agree with the reasoning behind their use, and even if there were something to be gleaned from them, they should not be able to do this. Especially the credit one.

P-R-I-V-A-C-Y!!!