Medical Malpractice Insurance (foreign student)

Started by piem2222
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

piem2222

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I'm a french medical student. My University has an exchange program with Denver University (CO) , and i applied for a clinical rotation (2 months during summer 2012)
I received an email today from Denver University: they want me to get a medical malpractice insurance because they no longer provide this insurance to foreign visiting students.
In France, it's very easy to get a professional liability insurance (we just have to fill a form on the Internet) and it's very cheap, sometimes even free of charge for students.

I'd like to know :
Who can provide me this insurance ? (is it possible to make an online subscription ?)
I googled it but there is so many insurance companies and brokers…

How much is it ? (for a 2 months rotation)
As a foreign student, is it more expensive ? Can i get short term policies ?



Thank you !

(i read other threads but i'm still looking for answers... )
 
Last edited: