MEDICAL SCHOOL ACCEPTANCES!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm not sure if I'm ready for the kind of public exhibitionism that I'd feel in sharing my stats. Besides, I think that might bring some hard feelings into the enviroment... "He only had a X.XGPA.. mine is better.. how come I didn't get in..." In addition, don't forget the "holistic" candidate.. I think that more of myself (XP, clinical, exposure) and less of my grades got me into med school.

And, I'm down right charming at times... :eek:

-A

Members don't see this ad.

I'm with Amra on this one (plus I don't want to make you all feel bad since I kicked ass on the MCAT this year...ha ha). :)

Once you're in to school, stats don't really matter. For those of you still waiting for an acceptance, realize that it IS the whole package. I doubt I would have gotten in on stats alone- I have over five years of volunteer and work experience in a medical environment, I talked about that during my interviews more than anything else. Just try to be confident with what you have and sell yourself! Best of luck! :D

Let me be the first to post that I got the call from the best school in the country: CCOM. Interviewed 10/16, admissions director called today, out of courtesy, to let me know. I still don't believe it's true! Going to party tonight! I hope everyone from my interview group got in. Great people. Let me know!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats Viva! I also got the call (interviewed 10/19). Feels real sweet! :) :p :cool:

Yep, just received a call from CCOM!

Congratulations to all, and I hope to see everyone next year!

Wasabi

Congrats Wasabi!! Best of luck to you at CCOM!

Congrats to you all on CCOM (especially you MedPuck!!!) That's great! :D :D :D

We SDNer's are wh00ping a$$! Congrads to everyone! :p :p

Thanks PCG!! I am pretty excited! You should have went, I'm telling ya you would have loved the school. Anyways I think we've been fortunate to receive multiple acceptances, they came so quickly! Are you planning on Nova? Good luck Liz. :D

I hear ya Shawn! You get to stay in Chicago now (is that where you think you'll go or are you still waiting on other Chicago schools?). I'm going to Nova, so you can always visit me in Florida. ha ha. :) I'm really happy for you too, it's a great situation to be in, isn't it? Best of luck to you whatever you decide (and keep on posting). :D

I interviewed for CCOM on 10/16 and received the acceptance call on Thursday. CCOM is my first choice so that's where I'll be come August 2002.

Congratulations to everyone else who was excepted. :)

Got into COMP 2006 today. I'm freakin' happy, more like relieved (it is like having a stomachache for years letting it all out on the throne, hehe). :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by greenbay:

Congratulations to everyone else who was excepted. :)

Congratulations greenbay for your *acceptance*. I'm most likely planning to attend CCOM next year, so I hope to see you there!

Members don't see this ad :)
CCOM here too!! see u all there!!

I got accepted to UNECOM today! I interviewed on 10/25. I'm still waiting on Nova, b/c that is my first choice, but I would be more than happy to attend UNECOM so maybe I'll see some of you there in the Fall!
:D

Aniulka, hope to see you in Florida, cuz that's where I'm headed! Let us know when (not if) you get in! :)

Accepted at UNECOM!!! Interviewed 10/25, letter was sent 10/29. Not too shabby. Great Halloween present too! Hey Aniulka - congrats to you too - great meeting you. Good luck with NOVA. :D :D :D :D

accepted at KCOM today. I interviewed there monday. 3 day turnaround. not too shabby!

I normally post on pre-allopathic, but I just wanted to say congrats to all of you!!! :)

PCG: Thanks for the encouragement!

Monkey5555: Congrats, too!

Congratulations to everyone else that has gotten acceptances!!!

Interviewed at TUCOM oct 29. Accepted Nov. 2!

I'm sooo relieved, this is the only school I
applied to, and plan to attend in the fall!

Thanks to all who helped me!

Lotus

how long after completing your secondaries did ya'll get invites for interviews?

I think I sent in my secs all at the same time. AZCOM sent me a postcard about three weeks later saying it was complete, and a week later I received an invite for interview. KCOM called about a week later than that for an interview, and TUCOM was about the same time too. I just got my TUCOM acceptance today! I interviewed way back last month as their first group, but they didn't convene until 11/1. All the schools I've come across have been really efficient with informing your status. If you have any questions, I suggest calling the admission office.

congratulations savvy! Which school are you leaning towards?

hey sugar72,
it's getting to the wire i know. especially since TUCOM is asking a reply in 2 weeks. i just received an interview to NOVA. i really liked AZCOM, a good match for me. i think i will go check out NOVA too because it seems like a great school as well. i think i will be withdrawing my acceptances from KCOM and TUCOM soon. what about you?

I'm sticking with AZCOM. I really liked it, I felt really comfortable there. I think I am also cheap and lazy and didn't really want to spend the time and money going on more interviews. Now I just wish August would hurry up and get here!

I hear ya sugar! I'm so eager to get started! Good luck at AZCOM!

ACCEPTED TO LECOM: Friday, Nov. 16th.
Interviewed: Monday, Oct. 15th.

Hi everyone. I am new to this board but I have enjoyed reading everyone's opinions for several weeks. It sounds like I am in a similar situation to many of you. I have interviewed and been accepted to UNECOM and I am eagerly awaiting a response from NOVA since I interviewed there on 11/9. I can certainly see why many of you are having a hard time deciding between the two.

Does anyone have an opinion on whether WVUSOM would seem disappointing after seeing UNECOM and NOVA. I must say that I am not overly exciting with its location (especially in comparison) but I have heard good things about the education.

Got an acceptance from CCOM yesterday. Top choice for now, although I have an interview at Case Western next week. How many people out there are applying to both Osteopathic and Allopathic? Just curious.

The wait is finally over...I think the mail man is afraid of me more than the neighbor's dog, but it was worth the wait. AZCOM, here I come.

Congrats to everyone entering the class of 2006, wherever you may go!

So.... is anyone actually hoping to go to DMU as Primary choice?

timler,

Hi! It is Laura from the OU interview. I am applying to both DO and MD schools. Still not decided as to which I like best. I found out that I have an interview at UC on January 8th. How long after your file was complete did Case notify you about the interview? I am waiting to hear something from them at this point in time. Thanks for your help and good luck at your interview!!! :)

AZCOM HERE I COME!!!! DMU put up a good fight- but in the end i liked azcom more for the way rotations are set up. Good luck to everybody!! I did apply to both md and do but all of the md schools have told me it is still super early in the process due to so many set backs--amcas!!

I'm happy to have 3 acceptances so far from the DO schools, but it kinda sucks that you have to pay them that nonrefundable fee so early before the MD schools even begin to look at you. I guess if I get into an MD school at the last minute and decide to go there, I will forfeit my 1000+ dollars huh?

Slingblade,

Where have you been accepted so far? Count your blessings, but not your dollars! ;)

•Slingblade,

Where have you been accepted so far? Count your blessings, but not your dollars! ;) •[/QUOTE]

Well, if you are in a financial bind, those deposits are a lot of money to be shelling out to hold your place in the class. I got into UHS, KCOM, and AZCOM, and I am waiting to hear about some allopathic schools. I decided to go to AZCOM for a variety of reasons, one of which is that they refund 40% of your deposit if you retract your spot with them by a certain date. Of course this was not the only reason I have decided to go there, but money is definitely a factor.

slingblade-- just curious- how much have you heard back from allpathic schools?? have you interviewed/rejected-- anything?? I havn't heard a word either way and am starting to feel nervous. I, also am going to azcom unless something big comes along.

Haven't gotten the your file is complete postcard yet from the Allopathics. Got a few acceptances already in Osteopathic ones. Primary apps all went out same day for both. Didn't even get a secondary from ETSU in Johnson city TN...Just a rejection :(

I got accepted to NSU and plan to attend next year!!!

Mike

Congratulations Mike! I'll see you there! :)

Accepted at UHS. Interview at KCOM on Dec. 7th.

Originally posted by Apikalypse:

Does anyone have an opinion on whether WVUSOM would seem disappointing after seeing UNECOM and NOVA. I must say that I am not overly exciting with its location (especially in comparison) but I have heard good things about the education.•••

WVUSOM...are you talking about West Virginia University School of Medicine (an MD school)? Or are you talking about WVSOM, a DO school? As far as location, WVSOM is definitely in a small rural town. Nice artsy boutiques and coffee shops, but rural.

Billie, MS-IV
WVSOM

hey guys,
congratulations to everyone.
i got accpeted into pcom and i'm going there next fall!

ana

congrats ana! What was your deciding factor for PCOM?

I have been accepted at NYCOM and NSUCOM.
I am waiting to hear from LECOM and KCOM
I declined interviews at UHS,Des Moines.
I just wanted to say congratulations to all!

hey osmosis, thanks!
my deciding factor was their facilities. they have really up to date technology, so the lecture halls were great!
also, philly is affiliated with so many hospitals, so i don't have to move for my rotations and i have a lot of places to choose from.
so, that's what made me choose pcom.

ana

Proud to the be first on this thread to announce MSUCOM - 2002! :D