Medical School Classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kchan99

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for an institution where I would be able to take courses with med students to show to medical schools that I am able to do the work. I did look at the posts in this forum. I did read about the Drexel program; it seems that some courses are by video transmission; I don't like that.I would want to be in a situation where the coursework would be directly relevant to the first and second year medical school curriculum. Tuition is not an issue for me.

Members don't see this ad.

There's quite a few others that allow you to take allopathic classes. I'll name some...

Georgetown, BU, (Drexel), UMDNJ-Newark, Tulane (if you're waitlisted), Loma Linda, Florida Atlantic (Gross Anatomy only w/ U Miami branch students), Rosalind Franklin, Creighton (Gross Anatomy only), Marshall

there's definitely quite a few others but my brain doesn't want to work right now :oops:

kchan99 said:
I'm looking for an institution where I would be able to take courses with med students to show to medical schools that I am able to do the work. I did look at the posts in this forum. I did read about the Drexel program; it seems that some courses are by video transmission; I don't like that.I would want to be in a situation where the coursework would be directly relevant to the first and second year medical school curriculum. Tuition is not an issue for me.

Check out Marshall University's Medical Science grad program. MUSOM

You take the same classes as medical students (with the obvious exceptions of anatomy and clinical classes) and have professors in the room, in living color. Plus the classes are small...probably less than 70 students including the MS-1, PhD's, and master's programs.

Members don't see this ad :)
How about University of Chicago as a grad student at large?

I would be very surprised if U of Chicago allowed at-large students to take med school classes a la carte. You would have to ask Pritzker directly. I dont think they have any MS programs there either, so it seems even more unlikely. If you're in the Chicago area you may try UIC or even RFU or Loyola. You may convince someone there to allow you to sit in on anything non-anatomy.