Medical School Consulting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vv_aus

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used a medical school consultant? And had any great success? (MDadmit; thompson advising etc)? Just want some feedback on your experience, and if its worth the investment.

Please if you have nothing nice to say about someone wanting to consider such route, please skip the comments.

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure of you think this is not nice or anything...BUT...you can get all the advice you need for free here on SDN.

Reactions: 2 users
Having provided and built a consulting arm some years ago I tell almost every client inquiry the same thing: you dont need me. Usually a half hour on the phone and some guidance is more than enough. Of the 5 people I formally took on this year, 4 did not have Englsh as a first language and/or had glaring weakness and the fifth was multiple reapplicant. All were nontraditional

The personal statement readers on here is almost perfect for most applicants. They are people who dont know you but who have a good idea of what they are looking for.

Thanks for your input