Medical School Interviews!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SDN,

I'm a high school senior, and was recently accepted for an interview at NSUCOM and LECOM. I'm waiting for interview invitation on some others too...
RCOM, NYITCOM, VCU Medical, Drexel BS/MD

As many of you have already went through the process of interviewing, could anyone possibly provide some insight to what key points I should contemplate before attending an interview, or questions that you've personally been presented with during the interview?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry for my ignorance, but how are you interviewing for admission as a high school senior?

To prepare go to school specific threads, school websites, and interview feedback section of SDN.
It's for combined 6/7/8 year programs. The interviews are substantially different than traditional ones.

As I interviewed for a couple of these programs I can give you some common prep. Don't memorize your responses to these questions because you will come off as dishonest/robotic.

1) Why medicine? (This is especially important here bc at a young age it is hard to demonstrate commitment and maturity to a single profession)

2) What do you hope to major in and do you think it will contribute to the type of physician you see yourself becoming?

3) Why combined programs over the traditional route

4) Tell me about yourself/your childhood

5) Tell me about your parents

6) How have you gained the notion that medicine is right for you? What exposure have you had?

These are the ones I can remember from about 5 years ago. Hope it helps and good luck!

It's for combined 6/7/8 year programs. The interviews are substantially different than traditional ones.

As I interviewed for a couple of these programs I can give you some common prep. Don't memorize your responses to these questions because you will come off as dishonest/robotic.

1) Why medicine? (This is especially important here bc at a young age it is hard to demonstrate commitment and maturity to a single profession)

2) What do you hope to major in and do you think it will contribute to the type of physician you see yourself becoming?

3) Why combined programs over the traditional route

4) Tell me about yourself/your childhood

5) Tell me about your parents

6) How have you gained the notion that medicine is right for you? What exposure have you had?

These are the ones I can remember from about 5 years ago. Hope it helps and good luck!

Thanks alot for the response! I'll be thinking about and practicing the questions you've posted.