Medical School - One Year of Lab?

Started by Black Shadow
Tags Tags
ucla
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Black Shadow

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,

I go to UCLA and I am trying to complete my general Chemistry series. The way UCLA works is that they separate their labs away from their classes. For example:

Chem 20A - General Chemistry I
Chem 20B - General Chemistry II
Chem 20L - General Chem Lab I
Chem 30AL - General Chem Lab II

Supposedly, medical schools require "One year of General Chemistry with lab."

My question is: do they require one year's worth of Chem Lab or would one quarter of Chem lab suffice? I am graduating next June and I would prefer not fitting an additional Chemistry course into my schedule.

Many thanks.
 
I've always interpreted as a full year of both. There are probably some exceptions made however
 
I would you suggest you speak with one of your profs or go over to Geffen and ask.

edit: It looks like maybe you do...because you probably have to take the organic chem lab (30BL) and 30AL is a pre-req for it.
 
They want to see a lab for each section of the lecture. If they don't require a lab, they will say so.