Medical School possible?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chup

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
undefined :confused:

I'm hoping there's a chance. 1A I am a 26 year old undergrad student with the desire to attend med school.

I have been an underachiever. However, I am capable of doing much better. My question, where do I start? Will my previous bad grades affect me, even if I do very well from this point on? Or is it a lost cause.

Members don't see this ad.

First, you've gotta say just how bad your grades are. If you've got, say, a 3.0, that's a much different story than if you've got around a 2.5. How many semesters do you have to go in undergrad? Have you done any research, volunteering, etc? Post up and see what people say.

I am in the same boat as Chup, except that I already graduated. My grades are really bad, especially my freshman year. In fact, I was very very close to dropping out. I got 2 F's, a D+, some Cs. I repeated those classes and did better in them. In the end, I ended up with a 3.1.

What are my chances, however slim they may be? My GPA is not below 3.0 but I do have some abhorrent grades.

To make matters worst, I did not do well on the MCAT from April, and I need to take it again.

Any advice will be appreciated.

It sounds like you got a lot of work to do :(

but not to worry, I don't see why you cant go to med school still

so let see what you can do
first you need to get ur grades up, no doubt. summer school,whaterver it takes!
second, it's all about the mcats. get that sucker in the 26-30 range.
last, get some md exdperience
and then you should be good to go
ur age will help you, but u really need to prove yourself to them.

good luck! :rolleyes: