Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a senior in undergrad and I'm trying to choose a medical school. Right now, I'm really interested in neurology, though I realize that might change like a million times in med school. I'm very tempted to choose to attend one of my state schools (Wayne State) because of the cost and location. Ideally, I would have gotten into Umich, but that didn't happen🙁. So, I'm left with the difficult choice of my state school, or an extremely expensive, inconveniently located private school that may be ranked a lot better.
My question is this: If I stay interersted in this field and apply for neurology residencies in the future, how important is it that I go to a highly ranked med school? How competetive is this specialty? If I do well on the boards and in med school, do I still have a chance at getting a neurology residency from a med school that's not well-known?
Thanks!
My question is this: If I stay interersted in this field and apply for neurology residencies in the future, how important is it that I go to a highly ranked med school? How competetive is this specialty? If I do well on the boards and in med school, do I still have a chance at getting a neurology residency from a med school that's not well-known?
Thanks!