Medical School Recruiters

Started by driven2011
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

driven2011

Uh Oh
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, who else has the benefit of having a medical school in your state who has recruiters to help you out.

I have a great recruiter who calls me with volunteering opportunities, and shadowing opportunities. She will give me the number and i have to set it up. Also, she puts you on the right path to my states school.
 
So, who else has the benefit of having a medical school in your state who has recruiters to help you out.

I have a great recruiter who calls me with volunteering opportunities, and shadowing opportunities. She will give me the number and i have to set it up. Also, she puts you on the right path to my states school.

Definitely don't have this.

Hahah, what school is this?
 
driven2011

I am Gunner

I have a great recruiter who calls me with volunteering opportunities, and shadowing opportunities. She will give me the number and i have to set it up. Also, she puts you on the right path to my states school.

VBJdW.jpg


Good for you. I didn't know such recruiters existed (although I'm still skeptical).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
UAMS...I promise they exist lol.

I had an appointment with her and the first things she asked was "Why do you want to become a Doctor?" after my answer she critiqued how I said it and what I should say instead. After this she hands me a folder with all the UAMS stats, pre-req requirements etc...In the folder is all the information about the school and a timeline of getting things done. After all the talking she took me to the residents hall at my local hospital and I got to watch some pretty cool stuff for about 5 minutes. Now I get text messages about volunteering spots.
 
Avg GPA: 3.69
Avg MCAT: 29
2097 Applicants from 45 states. Class size for 2010 is 174.

It is a Med School so there won't be a shortage of applicants.

No disrespect taken, Arkansas does suck a little bit.
 
UAMS...I promise they exist lol.

I had an appointment with her and the first things she asked was "Why do you want to become a Doctor?" after my answer she critiqued how I said it and what I should say instead. After this she hands me a folder with all the UAMS stats, pre-req requirements etc...In the folder is all the information about the school and a timeline of getting things done. After all the talking she took me to the residents hall at my local hospital and I got to watch some pretty cool stuff for about 5 minutes. Now I get text messages about volunteering spots.

crazy
 
UAMS...I promise they exist lol.

I had an appointment with her and the first things she asked was "Why do you want to become a Doctor?" after my answer she critiqued how I said it and what I should say instead. After this she hands me a folder with all the UAMS stats, pre-req requirements etc...In the folder is all the information about the school and a timeline of getting things done. After all the talking she took me to the residents hall at my local hospital and I got to watch some pretty cool stuff for about 5 minutes. Now I get text messages about volunteering spots.

WTF. It's like your own personal med-school application coach or something like that. More power to you, OP.
 
Even so I can't help but to lol at OP's user title.

I suck at being a gunner as I have noticed lately lol. I just ran with that because someone called me one because I was wanting study before school started. I like to help people so stealing textbooks and pouring sugar into the competitions gas tanks isn't me.
 
I suck at being a gunner as I have noticed lately lol. I just ran with that because someone called me one because I was wanting study before school started. I like to help people so stealing textbooks and pouring sugar into the competitions gas tanks isn't me.

Word of advice: Don't read textbooks before the semester starts. You will burn yourself out. Besides, you won't know what your prof wants emphasize until the semester starts anyway. Enjoy your breaks, live your life.
 
Word of advice: Don't read textbooks before the semester starts. You will burn yourself out. Besides, you won't know what your prof wants emphasize until the semester starts anyway. Enjoy your breaks, live your life.

I appreciate the advice. I'm studying to CLEP College Algerbra so I have my fix for a bit. Summer is boring for me (Broke, 2 Kids (not boring)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Take your time. Me and the lady decided on a family early, as it stands I'll be 42 when my youngest turns 18 y/o. It was decided we want to be somewhat young when they moved out.
40 here when the youngest is 18. About nine months after that is when I hope to matriculate to med school. So I'll be young when they move out, but then I'll be moving out at the same time :laugh:
 
So, who else has the benefit of having a medical school in your state who has recruiters to help you out.

My state has zero medical schools. But there are a couple of medical school admissions staff that brave the tumbleweeds and the snowdrifts and come recruit us anyway. One is a caribbean school, and one is a DO school with an inaugural class of 2016.

With the incredible competition for medical school admission, I am extremely skeptical of any medical school that pays us a personal visit.
 
My state has zero medical schools. But there are a couple of medical school admissions staff that brave the tumbleweeds and the snowdrifts and come recruit us anyway. One is a caribbean school, and one is a DO school with an inaugural class of 2016.

With the incredible competition for medical school admission, I am extremely skeptical of any medical school that pays us a personal visit.

Are you from MT? You know you guys are considered IS applicants at Colorado because of the WICHE program...
 
Just be careful about improper gifts from your recruiter. A pen can be great. If you get offered a lexus, make sure to get your story straight first ("you're just test driving it").
 
Just be careful about improper gifts from your recruiter. A pen can be great. If you get offered a lexus, make sure to get your story straight first ("you're just test driving it").

This should also be your official response to offers for sexual favors.