Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yatek

hi everyone, I'm new here. I've searched the forums but couldn't find this topic, please point me in the right direction if you have seen a thread like this.

anyway, just wanted to find out if having a pharmD under your belt would improve acceptance into medical school (I am 3rd year pharmD student, day dreaming about medical school, but my gpa is only 3.0)

I also posted this topic in the medical forum, not sure who would be more knowledgable about this

cure4cancer

10+ Year Member
Oct 5, 2004
Vancouver BC Canada
Status
yatek said:
anyway, just wanted to find out if having a pharmD under your belt would improve acceptance into medical school (I am 3rd year pharmD student, day dreaming about medical school, but my gpa is only 3.0)
I think no matter what level degree your doing (Bach/Mast/phD) they will grade you the same as everyone else at most schools..
Usually the competitive avg is anywhere from 3.7-4.0 I believe.. unless you want to go for DO / Carib. (then avg gpa is around 3.3-3.5)

I think initially when the adcoms are looking over your application a pharmD might stick out as much as a BSN, but with a GPA of 3.0 it may affect you..

bananaface

Pharmacy Supernerd
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2004
gone to seed
Status
Pharmacist
The folks in pre-allo will know the most about this topic, as it is related to medical school admissions. Since cross-posting is not permitted on SDN, I am going to go ahead and close this copy of your thread.

- Anna :)

Status
Not open for further replies.