medical school

Started by yatek
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yatek

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi everyone, I'm new here. I've searched the forums but couldn't find this topic, please point me in the right direction if you have seen a thread like this.

anyway, just wanted to find out if having a pharmD under your belt would improve acceptance into medical school (I am 3rd year pharmD student, day dreaming about medical school, but my gpa is only 3.0)

I also posted this topic in the medical forum, not sure who would be more knowledgable about this
 
yatek said:
anyway, just wanted to find out if having a pharmD under your belt would improve acceptance into medical school (I am 3rd year pharmD student, day dreaming about medical school, but my gpa is only 3.0)

I think no matter what level degree your doing (Bach/Mast/phD) they will grade you the same as everyone else at most schools..
Usually the competitive avg is anywhere from 3.7-4.0 I believe.. unless you want to go for DO / Carib. (then avg gpa is around 3.3-3.5)

I think initially when the adcoms are looking over your application a pharmD might stick out as much as a BSN, but with a GPA of 3.0 it may affect you..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.