You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Medical Schools that require 2 semesters of Calculus class
Started by tennisball80
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Thanks for your reply MCP1
Does anyone have other comments ?
Does anyone have other comments ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's all you need to know, really. Take that semester of calc and be done with it unless you want to go to Harvard or UW. A semester of calc is a good thing to have under your belt anyway. Differentiation and integration are very useful.
I see that.
Thank you for the comments above. 👍
Thank you for the comments above. 👍
is AP credit for calc I, and then taking calc II in college fine for a year?
bump bumpity bump bump
AP credit for both calc 1 and 2 was fine for me, so yes.
Hopkins also requires 2 semesters🙁 I so wanted to apply there. But I suck at math
Hopkins also requires 2 semesters🙁 I so wanted to apply there. But I suck at math
They used to but now they do not. They require a year of math but that includes stats classes.
They used to but now they do not. They require a year of math but that includes stats classes.
Same for WashU (1 yr calc/stats):
http://medschool.wustl.edu/pages/?page=stm-generalinfo
"However, statistics can be substituted for one semester of calculus, and one semester of biochemistry can be substituted for one semester of organic chemistry."
So Harvard is the only one I've seen, anyone know of any others?
1
135892
Just wondering, what are the schools that require 2 semesters of calculus ?
I am really bad at math 🙁
Calculus is cool, you should take it. Throughout high school, I thought I sucked at math too, but once I actually put some effort into learning it, it wasn't so bad. It is kind of interesting as well, once you get past the intro stuff.
They used to but now they do not. They require a year of math but that includes stats classes.
I'm saved! I was really good at stats, I don't know why I just got it better than calc.
So Hopkins isn't a no go for me anymore😍
I am really bad at math 🙁
You can do it.