Medical scribe course recommendation

sc164

Reaction score
I am a incoming freshman UG in Case Western Reserve U. I am looking to make best use of my summer.
With the COVID situation, all EMT courses have been cancelled. No internships are available.
Could you please suggest few resources for medical scribe? Are there any online courses?
Is there anything else I can do this summer?

Members don't see this ad.

Even if you could get a medical scribe position right now, I would hold off until you see how your college semester begins because scribe positions usually have terrible work hours. You could try volunteering in your local area if the necessary precautions are in place but I’d also try to enjoy summer as well.

Reactions: 1 user
Even if you could get a medical scribe position right now, I would hold off until you see how your college semester begins because scribe positions usually have terrible work hours. You could try volunteering in your local area if the necessary precautions are in place but I’d also try to enjoy summer as well.
Thank you!!

Agreed.

For future use, though, when I was trained with ScribeAmerica, I had the option of the 2-3 week online course (like 18-25 hours) or an in-person course. The reality is that COVID-19 has likely limited scribe jobs rn because scribes are not essential to the healthcare system. They’ll be back I’m sure, but it may be a while.

I recommend you find safe volunteering near your university for the fall and then apply for a scribe job in late fall (to start in January after break) or even later or you’re still not used to college yet. Grades ALWAYS come first.

Remember that you can take a gap year to makeup clinical experience. This is much easier than trying to do a masters to makeup for a poor GPA because you spent too much time scribing and neglecting your coursework!