Medical scribe for pre-pharmacy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ilead

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is my first time in the SDN forums.

I've heard about the medical scribe jobs and I recently found a job opening near where I live and it sounded interesting. I'll be a junior at St.Louis College of Pharmacy (7 year program) and I was wondering if it is worth doing the job for pre-pharmacy students.
I'm hoping to go into clinical pharmacy and one concern I have is the rigor of the job. I'm currently working as part of federal work study at school, and I'm looking to do a second job for FWS (out of interest, not necessarily for money) and I don't know if I could take on this job with two other jobs, school work and sports. This isn't a summer job so I'll have to continue doing it throughout the school year.
I've been looking for a pharmacy technician job recently and came across this. Can anyone with experience or knowledge about this job tell me if it is helpful for pre-pharmacy students, especially for clinical pharmacy?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone, this is my first time in the SDN forums.

I've heard about the medical scribe jobs and I recently found a job opening near where I live and it sounded interesting. I'll be a junior at St.Louis College of Pharmacy (7 year program) and I was wondering if it is worth doing the job for pre-pharmacy students.
I'm hoping to go into clinical pharmacy and one concern I have is the rigor of the job. I'm currently working as part of federal work study at school, and I'm looking to do a second job for FWS (out of interest, not necessarily for money) and I don't know if I could take on this job with two other jobs, school work and sports. This isn't a summer job so I'll have to continue doing it throughout the school year.
I've been looking for a pharmacy technician job recently and came across this. Can anyone with experience or knowledge about this job tell me if it is helpful for pre-pharmacy students, especially for clinical pharmacy?

Thanks!

How many hours is this job?

for part time it's 2-3 shifts which is around 18-20 hours

Members don't see this ad :)
It won't give you any pharmacy experience but you'll have a great inside look at how hospitals operate! If it sounds interesting to you, I say go for it! Admissions committees love a diversity of backgrounds from their students. Definitely get at least some shadowing in with pharmacists at the hospital (should be easy if you already work there) just to be double sure that is the field you are most interested in. Good luck!