Medical student memes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
trollface.jpg

C0ao6.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
From the Med School interview trail

Ol7Oh.png

hahha I couldnt stop laughing at the mythbuster's one.

i hope i censored it enough to not get in trouble for language
sza7a8.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
hahaha, me and some of my classmates are so guilty of this.

general, very vague symptom/finding = rarest disease possible

Lol seconded here. I'm on my first clerkship and I'm all like

"Patient presents with lower back pain"

"CAUDA EQUINA SYNDROME"

"... no she pulled a muscle"

"ffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu"

"CAUDA EQUINA SYNDROME"

"ffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu"

mj-laughing.gif

Laughing with you man, because I can see myself doing the exact same thing. Disregard occam's razor, acquire zebra diagnosis :D

"CAUDA EQUINA SYNDROME"

"ffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu"

I blame Step 1.

"CAUDA EQUINA SYNDROME"

"ffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu"
:laugh:

On peds I went in to see a patient with chief complaint of headache and the attending was kind of coaching me

Him: "Ok, so in your mind you have to be thinking about what the diagnosis might be...what do you think might be causing this?"

Me: "meningitis!!!"

Him: "Uhh, well I guess you're right that could be a cause, but I like to think that common things are common. How about just a headache? maybe a migraine?"

Me: :oops:

On peds I went in to see a patient with chief complaint of headache and the attending was kind of coaching me

Him: "Ok, so in your mind you have to be thinking about what the diagnosis might be...what do you think might be causing this?"

Him: "Uhh, well I guess you're right that could be a cause, but I like to think that common things are common. How about just a headache? maybe a migraine?"

2qjkehh.jpg

mj-laughing.gif

Laughing with you man, because I can see myself doing the exact same thing. Disregard occam's razor, acquire zebra diagnosis :D

I blame Step 1.

Here's another fun one I managed to pull off. I'm presenting to my FM attending on a guy who's come in with a headache (please please keep in mind this is my second day on it in this story...)

"Male 19 y/o caucasian presents complaining of severe unremitting headache. I feel like we should go ahead and get a lumbar puncture and head CT to rule out subarachnoid hemorrhage or meningitis, and then admit him for..."

"Hold up cowboy, did he take anything to make it feel better?"

"... oh yeah, he took Tylenol. It helped."

"Does he have photophobia or neck pain?"

"uh, no he doesn't, actually, now that you mention it."

We go in to examine the patient together. He looks at the doctor and quickly starts grabbing his head in pain.

... turns out that he was malingering. He needed a note to get off from work because he was hung over and couldn't make it in that day. I apparently completely missed the smell of alcohol on his clothes. We leave the room, and my attending cracks up.

fffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

This was on a Cracked.com list entitled "If Video Games Were Realistic":

3190_slide.gif

That's a lot of lumbarized sacral vertebrae.

Haha I didn't understand this when it was first posted, but after some recent ANS Pharm lectures, I do now!! Get that guy some pilocarpine stat!! :D

lol sorry for the sidebar, *ahem* carry on.

Haha I didn't understand this when it was first posted, but after some recent ANS Pharm lectures, I do now!! Get that guy some pilocarpine stat!! :D

lol sorry for the sidebar, *ahem* carry on.

I still don't get it...mind explaining?

Sjogrens = autoimmune disease effecting lacrimal glands, salivary glands.

Symptoms include dry mouth, cavities, oral cancers, conjunctivitis, corneal perforations...

What does "smoking some sick bud" mean then? Lol

Having trouble tying together.