Medical Terminology and matching pre-reqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emilyPT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, a couple of the schools I am applying to require a Medical Terminology course. However, I have not taken it yet but will take it if I get in and plan to attend one of these schools. I was wondering if it is okay to put on PTCAS, "not matching a course to this prerequisite"? Because I want them to know that I will take it, but my school doesn't offer it so I will have to take it online and can't write it as a planned course. If anyone has done this or knows if this is fine to do, please let me know. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, a couple of the schools I am applying to require a Medical Terminology course. However, I have not taken it yet but will take it if I get in and plan to attend one of these schools. I was wondering if it is okay to put on PTCAS, "not matching a course to this prerequisite"? Because I want them to know that I will take it, but my school doesn't offer it so I will have to take it online and can't write it as a planned course. If anyone has done this or knows if this is fine to do, please let me know. Thanks!

I would definitely contact the programs you are applying to, because each program has its own policy.
E.g. some programs require you to have that planned course appear on your transcript, and some don't.
Don't take any risks by not asking this question directly to the admission coordinators.