Program-Specific Info / Q's Medical University of South Carolina

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mccaski95

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone hear anything back from the school? Any interviews sent out??

Members don't see this ad.

I did mine back in september, and never even got a email from them. Atleast thanking me for completing it like most schools lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
lol I'm just trying to survive my senior year retaking a couple of prereqs but petrified that i won't get in anywhere... Im applying like everywhere and I'm from NY so I'm hoping i will get in somewhere.

I feel exactly the same! Im from NC and been applying all over. Its so competitive.

my pre req is only about a 3.1 and cum about a 3.3 i hope i get in somewhere

My stats arent that impressive either. But someone HAS to take us lol

LOL that is what all of my friends are saying! Feel free to message me! we can commiserate together...

Anyone hear anything back from the school? Any interviews sent out??

I have not heard back from the school, but I don't expect to hear anything till March or so since they no longer have rolling admissions. I would check their online portal to make sure all of your application material is in and they aren't waiting for anything.

They don't do interviews. I applied last year and didn't get in.

Last edited:
Geez that's such a long time to wait to hear. Especially since schools are accepting people now.

If you don't mind me asking, what were your scores like?
Cumulative Gpa: 3.75
Prerequisite Gpa: around 3.7
About 140 volunteer hours in ot
Over 200 hours volunteering at a va hospital in geriatrics and prosthetics
Gre, 148 quant, 151 verbal 3.5 aw (pretty sure that's what kept me out)

I made it in the wait list, but never anymore than that.

WOW! your stats are really good! Mine on the other hand not as good maybe i should take that one off my list

Cumulative Gpa: 3.75
Prerequisite Gpa: around 3.7
About 140 volunteer hours in ot
Over 200 hours volunteering at a va hospital in geriatrics and prosthetics
Gre, 148 quant, 151 verbal 3.5 aw (pretty sure that's what kept me out)

I made it in the wait list, but never anymore than that.

Awesome GPA, thanks for sharing! Are you currently in OT school or reapplying for this year?

I unfortunately only applied to one school last year, which happened to be MUSC. So I'm reapplying this year to MUSC, Nova southeastern, and Milligan.