Medicare Fee Schedule 2022 is up

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

heybrother

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not dramatically different and kind of a hodge podge of ups and downs.

-11042 went up like $0.70 for me but 28232 went down $9. Think about that when a WHC refers you a patient with a tip of toe ulcer they've debrided weekly for a year.
-11056 went up $3+ for me. 27870 went down $5. Its like Medicare wants me to just chip and clip.
-How did 99212 go up just slightly but 99213 went down slightly. Eh, who cares. Still pays better than most of my commercial.
-This fee schedule posting is mind blowingly fast compared to last year when they took forever to update.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hopefully it will even out for the inflation with $500k basic houses and $10 fast food meals and used cars costing more than new (if you can find either kind) after the bazillmilltrillions printed for stimulu$$$?

Good news overall on the cpt RVUs, though. Pod, like Derm, has always been good at getting more for common stuff and trading from big and complex uncommon stuff. Just like the blocking of elimination of 90d globals, I guess it's loud and clear the PP guys greatly outnumber the univ practice guys, haha.

But what is a 99212? Is that used for orthotics pickups... or when the patient's family member at the end of the appointment asks "I have a question too as long as we're here" about arch pain... or when somebody passes you in the hall and asks if you're a foot doctor and you give them a card? :)

If you haven't seen this before Feli - you can look back at your billing from like 2012 to 2015 to Medicare.

Members don't see this ad :)
Medicare's been increasing the RVUs significantly for 97597, 11042, and the 1105x series.

I think in 2017 a 11056 was like $61 dollars for me, now it's $103

But what is a 99212?
Seeing that taking a nail fungal clipping for an overpriced culture, ordering LFTs, and "medically managing" them on lamsil is a 992x4 then I think a 99212 is just an "add-on code" to offset those bad reimbursements above when you slap a -24 on those 90d post ops to offset that $5 fee schedule reductions

And with deductible season, expect the phone calls... "did you make a mistake?" :rofl:

I'm not complaining either. $$$

And with deductible season, expect the phone calls... "did you make a mistake?" :rofl:

I'm not complaining either. $$$
I hold all medicare billing until someone else eats up the deductible. I'll let their PCP or larger health clinic chew up those amounts than get old people bug our phone lines for their $45 nail clipping charge going to them.

For commercial plans we upfront tell them "oh you have no copay! instead, you have XXX deductible so we will give you your bill at the end of the visit."