Medicare 2023 proposed fee schedule is out....and it's a bit weird

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

king22

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been parsing over the new proposed fee schedule. There are definitely some weird aspects to it. For example

CPT 76882 which is a limited US study has an RVU of 1.09, but CPT 76881 (which is a complete study) only has an RVU of 1.03

There is no longer a level 3 new patient E&M for domiciliary care but there's an established patient level 3 for that setting.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Looks like a 4.5% decrease in the conversion factor too ($34.61 to $33.08). Wonderful.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Looks like a 4.5% decrease in the conversion factor too ($34.61 to $33.08). Wonderful.
That's one of the few aspects that makes actual sense (I'm not agreeing with it btw). Most of that is due to the expiration of the one year "bump" in the conversion factor (that congress has been renewing for the past 2 years).

There's just a lot of weird revaluations that make no sense. Ankle X-rays (3 views) have higher RVUs than US Extremity (both complete and limited).

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also it seems like the party is over for the wound care industry/serial-grafters if this goes through

Those no-name company reps are all on suicide watch now.

Aw man, I'm gonna have to start seeing more than 5 wounds now during my wound clinic day?

Also it seems like the party is over for the wound care industry/serial-grafters if this goes through

Won’t start until 2024. So you won’t read about @air bud being sent to prison in PMNews until 2025…

Won’t start until 2024. So you won’t read about @air bud being sent to prison in PMNews until 2025…
I have literally put on 15 of these in my life....I don't need you damaging my reputation too....

We'll see. I have a suspicion that this is going to go the same way that Medicare's proposed "global wound care code" (essentially treating wound care like fracture care)...nowhere.