Medicare part b and test strip

Started by mona2004
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mona2004

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can we transfer a rx for test strip for pt with medicare part b or we need to get a new rx from doctor?
 
Can we transfer a rx for test strip for pt with medicare part b or we need to get a new rx from doctor?
Need a new faxed or written prescription. Medicare does not believe in verbal prescriptions, transferred prescriptions, unicorns, verbal clarifications or leprechauns.
 
It's the government. Everything is inefficient. What jacka** came up with this rule>?

I cringe everytime I get an Rx that reads "Test strips and lancets as directed".. Then I look in their profile and their over 65 or they hand that red, white, and blue card.