Medicine In Romania - Oradea

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tom Platz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi ppl,

I'm looking for information on the University of Oradea, Romania, particularly, about their English Medical programme.

It seems the more you research, the more questions you end up with ...unanswered.

Basically,

Would a graduate from the above be able to practice in the rest of Europe.

What are the studying conditions like ?

What are the general expenses involved in day to day living?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanx,
T.

Members don't see this ad.

i heared that oradea is corrupt institute .
try to go to other university in romania

[email protected]

I'm looking for information on the University of Oradea, Romania, particularly, about their English Medical programme.

It seems the more you research, the more questions you end up with ...unanswered.

Basically,

Would a graduate from the above be able to practice in the rest of Europe.

What are the studying conditions like ?

What are the general expenses involved in day to day living?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanx,
T.[/QUOTE]

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey. I'm going to start medicine in Oradea, and from what I hear, it WAS corrupt, but now they have brought in a new dean, and thnkgs are getting better. However, I have yet to start the course, so I will give you my opinions on the quality of education later (But generaly, medicine in romania is good).
Since romania joins the EU in a few months, when you graduate, you should be able to get jobs within the EU without taking extra exams. Personally, I'm planning on going back to the UK after I graduate.

From what I've heard, Romania is trying its best to get out of the clutches of corruption; mainly because now it's part of the EU. Give it a few years, and the schools will gain a good reputation. Yes, once you graduate from any medical school in Romania, you can practice anywhere in Europe (of course it's not all that easy as there are certain language requirements to be dealt with).

I personally however, don't know if Oradea is any good. I've heard of Constanta (Sibiu ??) before....

i am romanian student. in fact i have graduate 6 years of medicine in university of iasi. i didn't understand what u want in fact? to make studies of medicine in romania? doesn't matter the city? i will answer u all ur questions whit plesure!
the reason i haved loggin on this forum is cause i wanted to find out how can i become doctor in uk? can somebody solv my problem? i haved finished 6 years of medicine i haved graduate but now i have to give one exam for my specialization which i am not motivated to take cause in romanian like rezident u receive 200-250 euro per moth!!!!!!!!

Well going to the UK is very very hard, if not impossible as a Non-EU citizen. Try your luck elsewhere.

Well going to the UK is very very hard, if not impossible as a Non-EU citizen. Try your luck elsewhere.
what are you talking about ?? Romanian people are UE citizen ...
So you can apply for postgraduate in UK

Last edited:
what i wrote before about oradea was based on innocence and lack of appropriate knowledge .
oradea is one of the good universities.

i belive that state based every university is good anywhere in the world.
regards
Rubayee

Hi f riends

i am urgently looking for a shred accommodation in cluj napoca with any international student preferably asian indian pakistani.

kindly email me

[email protected]

Hey. I'm going to start medicine in Oradea, and from what I hear, it WAS corrupt, but now they have brought in a new dean, and thnkgs are getting better. However, I have yet to start the course, so I will give you my opinions on the quality of education later (But generaly, medicine in romania is good).
Since romania joins the EU in a few months, when you graduate, you should be able to get jobs within the EU without taking extra exams. Personally, I'm planning on going back to the UK after I graduate.

Hey there ,Im british but I live in lebanon , I have got the Lebanses baccalaureate my grades are quite high. im applying to the university do u think ill get accepted?I also find it very complicated to apply i have sent my papers they told they will send the to the ministry of education ,what next step shal i make?

there will be no problem for your application but you have to send now as they close end june
as EU citizen you'll have to take entrance exam 19 of jully , and tuition is thus cheaper , 1700€ / year
if you need I have summerize for entrance exam (will be 2 small essays) , but there is no difficulty ,presence of entrance exam makes a reduced number of application
procedure : http://www.valuemd.com/romanian-medical-schools/193040-oradea-2010-applications.html

Hi prospective,
Here is a collection of what is required to apply to FMF Oradea
For EU students , entrance exam (MCQs , around end July , no september session usually) is mandatory. This has the advantage to secure a seat at this date , wherease in other facultie file competition makes nothing sure . Second advantage is tuition , beeing around 1750€/year (not fixed for next year yet) . Exam is not tough , selection actually beeing made between those who come and those who don't...
For Non-EU , tuition is 3400€ , but here there will be (or not) an evolution depending on ministry directions
NOBODY SO FAR FAILED ADMISSION , except those caught cheating at entrance exam
Here you can find curriculum http://medfarm.uoradea.ro/eindex.htm
Official website http://www.admitereuo.ro/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=82&Itemid=91
the only contact you can use is Ramona , working at IR dept rcoita[at]uoradea.ro
any other is an agent , so please don't use
Some students are on the forum , don't hesitate to ask about life in Oradea , this is not a big city but enough for a normal active student life (main faculty is around 8000 students , FMF being around 1500 including Romanian students)
Most hospital are now being completly renewed , only few ones remain in old conditions. Time that to come to clinical years (from 3d year) , everything will be modern and fresh

attachment.php