medicine or Pharmacy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lmay0001

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I love medicine but lifestyle is important. i know i will love working as a doctor but i need my time off. when i work too much i get over stressed. On the otherhand Pharmacy is just boring and depressing. im thorn on what to do ?? i want to be a doctor but i want a life too. Im human afterall and everyone needs time off to relax

Members don't see this ad.

On the otherhand Pharmacy is just boring and depressing.

You could have all the time in the world to relax, but if you find pharm ( or your job in general) "boring and depressing" I can guarantee you still won't be happy. I'm confused though, you're status says "medical student," are you in med school and thinking this? Or was that just a mistake?

You could have all the time in the world to relax, but if you find pharm ( or your job in general) "boring and depressing" I can guarantee you still won't be happy. I'm confused though, you're status says "medical student," are you in med school and thinking this? Or was that just a mistake?
basically i applied to medical school but im getting quite alot of negativity about the profession from residents. hence im considering changing over

Members don't see this ad :)
I love medicine but lifestyle is important. i know i will love working as a doctor but i need my time off. when i work too much i get over stressed. On the otherhand Pharmacy is just boring and depressing. im thorn on what to do ?? i want to be a doctor but i want a life too. Im human afterall and everyone needs time off to relax
You will have the option to pick a specialty with defined hours/ shift work, like Emergency Med or Hospitalist. But you'd still have to get through a residency program to qualify.

I wouldn't advise pharmacy to anyone. Look up how over saturated it is right now. It's almost like law.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

da fuq

You just answered your own question.

upload_2016-8-5_15-26-8.png

We are back to this already? At least you finally learned how to spell pharmacy.

Look into the Physician Assistant profession. Just... don't ask on this forum (e.g. "MD or PA????") I'd consider looking at that. Once when I was a premed, I shadowed one and he had a negative view on it. So I went premed. However, if I shadowed someone that actually loved the profession, I could have gone PA instead of MD. That isn't to say I regret my decision; I love being a physician. However, I love the sacrifices I make and I have a fantastic, supportive girlfriend whom is a physician herself.

If you're a type of person that wants a 9-5 job in medicine with good pay, look into it. There is so much more than Pharmacy, Physician, and RN. More autonomy is being passed onto other professionals.

Reactions: 1 user
basically i applied to medical school but im getting quite alot of negativity about the profession from residents. hence im considering changing over

upload_2016-8-5_15-29-59.png

And here I thought you finished your first year. Lies must be hard to keep track of.