MEDPATH 2015 Ohio State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

If invited, are you applying to the MEDPATH program for 2015?


  • Total voters
    11
  • Poll closed .
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why update? The program looks for people with low stat (I was told if you have 25 MCAT you do not qualify) and I am not sure how updating them helps you. Perhaps they focus on GPA and not the MCAT but they said I will not get their app because of mere 3.2 with 25ish MCAT so the lower the better!
 
Last edited:
They had to wait until May to find out whether they got in or not. Too many people accepted a med school spot, so it drastically reduced the number of medpath spots, so really only 4 of the 30 got accepted.


YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!!!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me too!!!! Got the call at 10:16am today 4/24/2015!! I actually missed it but they left a voicemail. Soon as I saw the missed call from a 614 area code, I began freaking out!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So pretty much someone with a 27 mcat is screwed because you're not competitive for the regular admissions and you're too high for the MEDPATH program?
 
So pretty much someone with a 27 mcat is screwed because you're not competitive for the regular admissions and you're too high for the MEDPATH program?

I think that would be too high for medpath. Their ideal mcat range is between 18-24 roughly, according to during my interview day
 
I think that would be too high for medpath. Their ideal mcat range is between 18-24 roughly, according to during my interview day


We'll see I just don't get it because to me that's saying, you who scored a 503 are not worthy of being a physician but someone who scored way less is. I say that because MEDPATH gives you automatic matriculation next year if you perform. Maybe I'm just missing the point of the program and am just frustrated haha. Thanks for the info though!
 
We'll see I just don't get it because to me that's saying, you who scored a 503 are not worthy of being a physician but someone who scored way less is. I say that because MEDPATH gives you automatic matriculation next year if you perform. Maybe I'm just missing the point of the program and am just frustrated haha. Thanks for the info though!

Your welcome.

I don't think that's what it means. It's saying those with higher scores are more likely to get in on their own because they are on the cusp. Medpath is for students with serious deficits in their app grades wise and it gives us an opportunity to course correct. Yes the med school saves a seat but we still have to earn it. it's not a gimmie gap year either.
 
Your welcome.

I don't think that's what it means. It's saying those with higher scores are more likely to get in on their own because they are on the cusp. Medpath is for students with serious deficits in their app grades wise and it gives us an opportunity to course correct. Yes the med school saves a seat but we still have to earn it. it's not a gimmie gap year either.


Oh I agree completely you still have to earn it and it's not a gimme of course. That's not the point I was trying to make. Sorry if it came across like that
 
I guess I'm kind've reviving this thread. I was wondering for you all who did the MEDPATH post bacc, how was it for you? And did you get into OSU's med school or another med school? Also how many from your class did?

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk