MedPath Ohio State 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HaartSurgeon

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! Just starting a thread for the medpath program this cycle. Has anyone else gotten the invite to fill out the evaluation?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys! Just starting a thread for the medpath program this cycle. Has anyone else gotten the invite to fill out the evaluation?

Yep. November 8th in the evening. When did everybody else get their invite?

Members don't see this ad :)
+1

What are you guys' stats if you don't mind me asking? I'm trying to get a feel for the kind of students they are looking for.

Do they send the invite automatically to everyone? If not, do you know how many ppl get the invite to complete the eval?

Do they send the invite automatically to everyone? If not, do you know how many ppl get the invite to complete the eval?

Well, from what I read, you get referred by the SOM adcom so I guess you have to meet certain criteria or you have to portray something in your application that they think might make you a good fit for the program. From last years thread, I think I saw that they send it out to about 100 people but I'm not sure where they got that information from.

): OSU was a reach for me but I was really hoping to get referred to the MedPath program. Does anyone mind sharing their stats so I can know if I am even competitive for this post-bacc? I may reach out with a letter of interest & share how my experience aligns with their mission if I am competitive.

): OSU was a reach for me but I was really hoping to get referred to the MedPath program. Does anyone mind sharing their stats so I can know if I am even competitive for this post-bacc? I may reach out with a letter of interest & share how my experience aligns with their mission if I am competitive.
PM'd you

+1

What are you guys' stats if you don't mind me asking? I'm trying to get a feel for the kind of students they are looking for.

I called and was told you can email admissions a letter of interest... but I automatically received the invite a couple a days after without sending in a letter.

Just wondering if they are still gonna send more invitation later in this month. Or they basically just sent all invitation on Nov 8th? I mean, the deadline is 12/15 for secondary application though.

Just got Nikki's email. There will be another distribution after December 15 :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, I am currently in the Medpath program, if you have any questions you can DM me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Everyone! I am currently in the MedPath program as well. If you have questions, you can message me as well! Best of luck to you all!

Has anyone heard back since submitting the med path application? I submitted Nov10 and still haven’t heard

Has anyone heard back since submitting the med path application? I submitted Nov10 and still haven’t heard

Applications aren't due until tomorrow 1/31 and interviews are held in March/April so we won't be hearing anything for a while.

How's everyone's cycle going other than medpath? I didn't get any IIs. Anyone get an II? MD or DO?

OMG, my vital got updated this morning.... do you guys know when we'll get the interview for this program?

OMG, my vital got updated this morning.... do you guys know when we'll get the interview for this program?

Mine did too. I think, based off the previous year forums, that it will be around mid March. Some heard the 2nd week, and some heard the the 3rd week.

What do you all think the update is? I think it’s either the committee viewing our application or the committee pulling our information off our application to view it.

How many people applied this cycle?

Sooo nervous guys!!!! Ohio is my first choice at the moment..

Mine was too! Fingers crossed that we find out the first week! This waiting is killinggggg me lol

What kind of update did you guys see? My vitals has been completely blank so I’m not sure I’m even looking at the right section

It’s at the very bottom of the screen. Not under a tab or anything

My personal theory is that I don't think that vitals being updated has any significance on our entrance chances. Even if you haven't logged in yet it shows the updated time at the bottom of the screen at VITALS Home

I could be wrong.

My personal theory is that I don't think that vitals being updated has any significance on our entrance chances. Even if you haven't logged in yet it shows the updated time at the bottom of the screen at VITALS Home

I could be wrong.
I agree. It seems like everyone's getting the updates.

I don't mean it shows any sign for entrance chances. but it definitely shows something going on with our applications though, right?

yeah i think they're just doing stuff with our apps.
I disagree. Everyone uses vitals. OSU Med students use vitals, interviewees use vitals. Vitals being updated has nothing to do with medpath. It just means OSU has somehow updated the vitals software, that is used for everyone in the OSU college of medicine system.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Regardless of whatever it means, we’re hearing back soon and that’s what matters.
Agreed 100%. They interview M1 applicants all through March and we are up after them. Potentially April 1st and April 3rd. (they interview on Monday and Wednesdays). Surely they are preparing our IIs now.

Happy March, guys! We should be hearing back sometime between now and like the 23rd or so? That’s just going based off the previous forums. Good luck to you all! :)