Medstudent high-yield PDF notes, anyone familiar?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kutusov

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I never heard of these but their ads recently started popping up on my fb feed. I guess what caught my attention is the promise of having "everything" on one resource as I really struggle with knowing what to cover and where. Any good?

I've been trying to use the First Aid books as I see most people use those but they are a bit too vague for me - I'm in my 40s and got to med school after 20 years working on a not very related profession. I also tried Osmosis but find them a bit too superficial, currently using Lecturio which I like but has no notes afaik...

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't used Lecturio, but I think they should be good, it seems detailed. Anki as mentioned before is also really good but its better to use it to solidify what you learned by constantly reviewing material via the Anki flashcards. You could make your own flashcards, or you can look up pre-made decks. I'm not sure how you're studying but I would recommend Boards and Beyond, he pretty much gives you all the extra detail you need to supplement with your firstaid. You can pair that up with the Anki pre-made decks for Boards and Beyond too. There are additional resources out there such as Sketchy Micro, Pharm and Path that you can use. Pharm and Micro were very helpful for me even without knowing the material ahead of time. I paired them with a pre-made "Pepper deck" on Anki and it was helpful. Sketchy Path is so long, and I couldn't let it stick into my head when I was learning material fresh, but after I understood the material, it has become very helpful.

You can do a free trial with SketchyMedical on their site, it may be helpful. Same thing applies with Boards and Beyond.
More information about Anki is on this site, along with the free pre made decks: MedSchool + Anki
Hope something here helps for you. Good luck!

A few threads on Lecturio have terrible reviews. Basically the same as listening to profs drone on and they are full of mistakes.

Yes I agree, I watched one video and it seemed like I was just taking an online lecture, it felt lengthy and detailed. It wasn't helpful for me, but I do know some people like learning that way. So if it works for them, great. I have used a quite a lot of sources and they do have errors too. However, I think once you start understanding the material and going over questions, you can pick up on the errors.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes I agree, I watched one video and it seemed like I was just taking an online lecture, it felt lengthy and detailed. It wasn't helpful for me, but I do know some people like learning that way. So if it works for them, great. I have used a quite a lot of sources and they do have errors too. However, I think once you start understanding the material and going over questions, you can pick up on the errors.

Yeah, but there’s a difference between some errata and being full of errors. I think BnB and zanki have like a handful of errors total. I haven’t actually used lecturio but people have said it’s got tons of errors in it. Not sure what that really means, but I’m certainly not going to go away from proven resources to pay for something my school already provides, especially when it has more than a couple of errors.

Reactions: 1 users
Exactly stick with what's already been claimed the best. There are many resources out there now that are also really good but also suck at certain subjects, so if one doesn't work, try something else out for that subject. I never bought a full subscription until I looked up reviews, and did a trial.

Reactions: 1 user
I never heard of these but their ads recently started popping up on my fb feed. I guess what caught my attention is the promise of having "everything" on one resource as I really struggle with knowing what to cover and where. Any good?

I've been trying to use the First Aid books as I see most people use those but they are a bit too vague for me - I'm in my 40s and got to med school after 20 years working on a not very related profession. I also tried Osmosis but find them a bit too superficial, currently using Lecturio which I like but has no notes afaik...
Hey fellow fourth decade medstudent!!!! What works for me:
- osmosis first: to get the big picture
- boards second: to get the nitty gritty of the clinical content
- all notes (from osmosis and boards) taken in my first aid (to be sure I’m not missing any weird correlation)
- kaplan/uword questions
As you can see I use several different sources. I find that whatever I might miss from osmosis/boards is covered in the qbanks. Hope that helps...