Meeting for a case report?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iDoc12345

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a really interesting case report that I was hoping to submit to a meeting for a poster. I know most meetings don't really accept case reports as abstracts (was told even ARVO doesn't so much), but does anyone know any lower tiered meetings that might accept it?

Members don't see this ad.

I had an interesting case that was accepted for a poster at the last ARVO meeting in Seattle. You should consider it!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I've had case reports accepted by ARVO. You just have to write it a little differently.

Members don't see this ad :)
ARVO takes good case reports (except glaucoma probably), but the better place to present such cases would be smaller subspecialty meetings that more likely have 'interesting cases' sessions. Higher yield in terms of meeting people in your field also.

Reactions: 1 user
ARVO takes good case reports (except glaucoma probably), but the better place to present such cases would be smaller subspecialty meetings that more likely have 'interesting cases' sessions. Higher yield in terms of meeting people in your field also.

Agree with this completely. These are great opportunities to network.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
Also a relatively new meeting, not well known, but hosted by some big wigs Ike Ahmed, Wendy Lee oculoplastics at Bascom, Starr, Solomon etc. (i.e. serious opportunity for face time) MillennialEYE Live at the Fountain Blue in Miami -- http://www.millennialeyelive.com They also have a pretty slick abstract competition that could get you a free ride down there as either a medical student (yes I asked them about this bc a med student working with me wants to go), resident, or fellow.

Good luck!