Meharry anyone?????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fernj75

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else been accepted to Meharry Medical College and is planning on going there? Also those that have been interviewed please give me your overall feeling towards the school. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I am on the waitlist, but I absolutely loved Meharry. Everyone was friendly and it seems like a supportive school. Congratulations

hi-
Congtatulations!
I loved Meharry when I visited. I was accepted and would have taken the offer if only Meharry wasn't located in Nashville! Other than the city, I thought the school was great, and I was very impressed with the students, faculty, and the supportive, encouraging, and non-competitive atmosphere. I felt immediately at home and would have enjoyed being at Meharry for 4 years. I figure that medical school is tough enough, why not try to be in a place where the atmosphere (i.e. the people) make it easier, not harder?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the same vibes when I visited the school in November. I was impressed with the morale the students exhibited. Everyone including the security guards was extremely pleasant and supportive. The only qualm I have is the location, being from such a big city such as New York, it might take a while to get accustomed to living in Nashville. Besides that it seems like a place where I can get a really good medical education.

meharry is great! the family atmosphere is not fake: it's the real deal. TRUST ME. Take advantage of all the knowledge from the faculty, especially that which has nothing to do with medicine, but with life. Best wishes...

Meharry does have some of the positive points listed but I figured I should add the two problems I saw at the school. First there board pass rate is ~70% compared to the national average of 90%. Second I remember hearing that finances are a little tighter at the school than other places because they have less funding than most other schools. But overall it was not a bad place I just think it is important to hear both the positives and the negatives of the school.