Meharry Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

E'01

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got an email invite. I'm sort of afraid to fly out to TN though! Is anyone from TN? What's it like?

Members don't see this ad.

I think it's gorgeous...the surrounding state has lots of trees and open land, the people are friendly and there's a variety of outdoor activities - spelunking, jeep trails, kayaking/white water rafting, and mountain biking are some of the things out there if you look. However, it does get VERY humid out there during the summer which may not be a problem depending on where you're from. Good luck!

Last edited:
Congratulations on the invite! You are on a roll. How many is that so far? I'm so happy for you.

By the way, is your application verified? I know we sent ours in way back when we actuall believed that an early submission really meant something. Mine is still not verified. I'm still receiving interview notices so this may all be irrelevant.

Members don't see this ad :)
wsup ppl!

hey i was justwondering. I'm applying to meharry and morehouse, etc. but the thing is i'm not african american. yet i still got secondaries and stuff. Do you allthink that my chances of getting in are bad???

imean to me, Med school is med school so i really dont care where i go.

aight peace

I interviewed at Meharry last year. Basically it is fairly difficult to get into because there are only around 20 spots each class for people who are not black. When I went to the interview there were a total of 3 of us there and we were all white so I got the impression that they interview a lot of non blacks for the 20 spots. However having said this it is still worthwhile to fill out the secondary application and go there if you are lucky enough to get an interview. The school was nice and you would still be called Doctor.

Hey Sarena,

No, I don't think my application will ever be verified. Right now, Mount Sinai seems to be the only school that has absolutely everything (recs, secondary etc) but they are still waiting for the verified app - the preliminary information and the unverified version is not enough. AMCAS had the nerve to tell me:"If Mount Sinai is saying that they have not received your unverified copy, then they need to give AMCAS a call directly". Like I might call them up and demand that they call AMCAS!

:(