Meharry Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Panama Red

Supa Dupa Fly Doc
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a medical student considering transferring to Meharry for my third year of med school. Could anyone on this site who is a med student at Meharry give me some info about the school and curriculum?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm an incoming M1 at Meharry.. so I don't have any advice for you, but I did see that there was a academic catalog on the website that you can download as a pdf. That might provide some insight for you! Good luck.

Panama Red said:
I am a medical student considering transferring to Meharry for my third year of med school. Could anyone on this site who is a med student at Meharry give me some info about the school and curriculum?

Send me a PM, I'm a graduating medical student from Meharry.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm still waiting to hear from Meharry. Anyone else who is going there?

ruck said:
I'm still waiting to hear from Meharry. Anyone else who is going there?

I am on the acceptance range/alternate list. The next couple weeks are key for us. :scared:

Hi everyone,
I've decided to attend Meharry. Does anyone know if there's a white coat ceremony in Meharry? Thanks

USArmyDoc said:
I am on the acceptance range/alternate list. The next couple weeks are key for us. :scared:

ArmyDoc,

Whta is the "acceptance range/alternate list"?

I am on the waitlist. Is this different?

i have an answer for that :)
I called and asked that very question - waitlist this year is what 'acceptance range' was last year. They are both the very same thing. Just, last year was a different admissions committee with a different process, and different names for things.

ayznshorti said:
I'm an incoming M1 at Meharry.. so I don't have any advice for you, but I did see that there was a academic catalog on the website that you can download as a pdf. That might provide some insight for you! Good luck.

i have gotten in my transfer application but the commitee still hasn't met. i think i am a very strong applicant. do you know, or do you know someone who knows if it is hard or competitive to transfer to the 3rd year at meharry. do you know someone that has the number of vacancies in the 3rd year class?