Meharry Wait List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctorrja

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how big the waitlist is at Meharry Medical College and whether or not if that many more students will get in off the waitlist. Any info. is greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Don't know.... I suggest calling admissions. Unless someone else in this forum know....

WELCOME TO SDN!!!

Hey DoctorRJA!
Congrats on making the waitlist! Regardless of where you are on the waitlist, the most important thing you can do is to convince them that you are PASSIONATE about going there. Make an appointment with the dean and tell her why you want to be there. Send letters showcasing what you are doing over the summer (which means you should be doing 'something'). If you have friends there, have them talk to dean for you as well. Do whatever you can (without becoming a nuisance!) to make it clear that Meharry is the school for you. Hope it works out for you!
BS (former waitlist candidate at a BUNCH of schools :) )

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure how long the list is at Meharry. When I interviewed April 16th they told us that they only interview about 300 people. All the slots had been offered but 17 had dual admissions and "traditionally, about 7 of them will not come to Meharry". Also, they said that even some of the people who put down their $300 deposit won't show up for registration. I'm sure they're still admitting.

Another note is also that it doesn't matter when you interviewed, it's your credentials and enthusiasm. I had an interview the 3rd to the last day of interviews and was accepted 3 wks later.

GOOD LUCK. I HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!!!! :)

Thanks for your help everyone.