Meherry or UCSF?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctorcynical

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Need help deciding. What are the pros and cons of each.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is UCSF that good? Is Meharry that bad? In terms of location, cost, student diversity, etc which is better? Let's not look at stupid rankings. I want opinions. Seriously! No more funny faces like Gleevac's post. This is the next four yrs of my life.

Originally posted by sumdaponda
Just step back from the troll....

Real classy. You'll make a great doctor. Will anyone with real insight respond.

Originally posted by doctorcynical
Real classy. You'll make a great doctor. Will anyone with real insight respond.

Please...
If this is a real question, take a look at the websites.

Opportunities (Residency-wise) - UCSF
Reputation - UCSF
Not sure about diversity, although both Nashville and SF are both large schools.

I'd say the only drawback would be cost of living for UCSF.

Originally posted by doctorcynical
Need help deciding. What are the pros and cons of each.

Meharry HANDS down! The name on your Meharry degree will take you anywhere. You will Tower over those ******s at UCSF. It's just a state school anyway. People in Cali only apply to it as a backup school. It's not even the top UC. Loma linda is the top School in cali. Meharry is the best school in the US HANDS DOWN!

First of all, it's "MehArry." If you 're thinking about attending a school you should spell the name correctly.

Originally posted by A.D.O.R.
First of all, it's "MehArry." If you 're thinking about attending a school you should spell the name correctly.

Sorry. Meharry. Does anyone have the residency placements for Meharry?

They are the nicest admissions people I have dealt with- why not call them and ask?