Member Defamation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Richard R Scherf

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I deleted the thread begun by HR on August 16. I will not allow personal accusation or criminal inference on the board. If a member has a personal gripe with another member, it had better not show up here.

The herd mentality can be easily seen on this board. Use your heads, be discreet with your posts and replies, and if you must personally attack another member, do it through private e-mail. If you do it here, you're blocked.

HR has been warned with a private message from me. Any more posts like this and the author will be blocked. This goes for everyone.

Richard R. Scherf, DMD, FAGD

Members don't see this ad.

Wow,

I take back that "We need a new moderator thread." Dr. Scherf is doing a great job here!... :D

Racerdude

Originally posted by RacerDude2249:
•Wow,

I take back that "We need a new moderator thread." Dr. Scherf is doing a great job here!... :D

Racerdude•

Walk softly... with integrity. :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
One other thing,

Dr. Scherf, what does the FAGD stand for after your name? Or if anyone knows, please post... :D

Inquiring minds want to know.
Racerdude

FAGD: Fellow of the American College of General Dentistry?

FAGD stand for Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry. The AGD is a professional dental organization that you are welcomed to join after you graduate. They offer a fellowship(FAGD) and a mastership(MAGD) which are based on continuing education credits and a written examination. I am a member and I am striving for fellowship status. You can apply for fellowship 5 years after joining.

Im not here to make a FAGD joke.
Dr. Scherff...good call, man. that kind of stuff is MESSED UP.
But:
if you must personally attack another member, do it through private e-mail.
I dont see anything wrong with personal attacks, as lond as you dont post their phone# / friends phone#/ picture/ etc.

I would like to offer a suggestion that before someone gets the final boot, the moderator be allowed to utter a deathwish-esque line to the offender before closing them out. Something along the lines of 'Trolling is a disease. I'm the cure'. :)

I have a question...

I just came here, what exactly was so bad the the guy/girl received a warning?