men in ob/gyn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I would like to point out if you look at some population pyramids of different countries where women are provided medical birthing care the survival rate is higher than countries which do not provided this type of care. Medical birthing care has increased the life expectancy of women. That is a fact period, not even debatable. Perhaps doctors became tried of their wives and infants dying during childbirth and wanted to do something to improve their survival rate. Yes, medicine was male dominated at the time certain protocols were instrumented but how can you say that these male doctors did not have a genuine interest in saving the lives of women. Please note that male doctors have wives and daughters which I am sure they want to survive during childbirth. They were not trying to control women they just wanted the women that they loved to live and not die during childbirth.

Members don't see this ad.

asherah said:
And for your information, I don't need to define myself as a "real" woman, since I am a woman and real, and I do not consider any other woman not to be real. What else could they be then?

whoa girl! we all know you ARE a real woman.... take it easy girl...
your statements are all well noted

my only thing is that: for male gyn's -> they may actually cause a female patient to get aroused... trust me, i've heard this from girls before!

drbizzaro said:
whoa girl! we all know you ARE a real woman.... take it easy girl...
your statements are all well noted

my only thing is that: for male gyn's -> they may actually cause a female patient to get aroused... trust me, i've heard this from girls before!

Dream on. And read my other post.

ayndim said:
Dream on. And read my other post.

never mind him. his only contribution so far has been "some girls get aroused by male gynecologist! i had a girl tell me that one time!", and somehow i think he's just trying to get a rise out of someone. just ignore. :)