Men's Interview Clothing Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never seen a tie chain... what purpose does it serve and under what circumstances should it be worn? I thought girls had it rough when it came to dressing, but at least we don't have all this superfluous stuff (ties, tie chains, pocket squares and I don't know what else).

Tie chains, tie bars, and tie pins all serve the same "purpose" (I put purpose in quotes since they are all really serving little/no purpose and usually just worn by someone trying a bit too hard to be flashy) - holding your tie in place.

Members don't see this ad.

I would definitely ditch both the pocket square and the tie chain

Absolutely!

I totally get why I should ditch the pocket square--but why the tie chain? I've always figured it was the best way to keep the tie down! haha.

Tie chains, tie bars, and tie pins all serve the same "purpose" (I put purpose in quotes since they are all really serving little/no purpose and usually just worn by someone trying a bit too hard to be flashy) - holding your tie in place.

Yes, that's exactly why I use it. Also, I'm 6'2" and most of my ties are not tall ties (hard to find nice ones), so it also helps keep the "skinny-end" in check because it usually won't tuck behind into the label. Really not an attempt to look flashy. Plus I sometimes have problems with my tie getting in the way if I don't have a chain/tack/bar.

I totally get why I should ditch the pocket square--but why the tie chain? I've always figured it was the best way to keep the tie down! haha.

Yes, that's exactly why I use it. Also, I'm 6'2" and most of my ties are not tall ties (hard to find nice ones), so it also helps keep the "skinny-end" in check because it usually won't tuck behind into the label. Really not an attempt to look flashy. Plus I sometimes have problems with my tie getting in the way if I don't have a chain/tack/bar.

If you absolutely need to use something, use a tie clip. I still don't even like those though. I'm also 6'2 and haven't had much of a problem finding ties long enough. Where have you been looking? What kind of a knot are you using?

Members don't see this ad :)
If you absolutely need to use something, use a tie clip. I still don't even like those though. I'm also 6'2 and haven't had much of a problem finding ties long enough. Where have you been looking? What kind of a knot are you using?

I use a tight half-windsor annnd the purple one showed earlier is actually a brooks brothers long length tie and it still doesn't do the job very well. So hard to get a good-looking long-length tie for a reasonable price. I got the BB on eBay for much less than retail, for sure.

I happen to hate tie clips and tacks seem like a good way to ruin your ties, which is why I like the chain. Is it really that flashy? I always figured it was rather subtle. Not trying to be argumentative, I've simply never heard the chain(/tack/clip) dislike before.

I use a tight half-windsor annnd the purple one showed earlier is actually a brooks brothers long length tie and it still doesn't do the job very well. So hard to get a good-looking long-length tie for a reasonable price. I got the BB on eBay for much less than retail, for sure.

I happen to hate tie clips and tacks seem like a good way to ruin your ties, which is why I like the chain. Is it really that flashy? I always figured it was rather subtle. Not trying to be argumentative, I've simply never heard the chain(/tack/clip) dislike before.

Maybe the loop in the back of the tie is really low? I'm not sure, I've only ran into this problem with a few ties before, most seem to be OK. I suggest going to a store where you can actually try on ties before you buy them to make sure a given brand's cut works for you.

Yeah, tacks are a good way to ruin ties. I don't particularly like clips either. The general consensus seems to be that chains are out. To me, they either come off as being too flashy, or as being too old-man-ish. In my experience, all of these kinds of accessories should be unnecessary.

The guys over at styleforum.net often have pretty good taste/advice, and here's their take: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=39582

Maybe the loop in the back of the tie is really low? I'm not sure, I've only ran into this problem with a few ties before, most seem to be OK. I suggest going to a store where you can actually try on ties before you buy them to make sure a given brand's cut works for you.

Yeah, tacks are a good way to ruin ties. I don't particularly like clips either. The general consensus seems to be that chains are out. To me, they either come off as being too flashy, or as being too old-man-ish. In my experience, all of these kinds of accessories should be unnecessary.

The guys over at styleforum.net often have pretty good taste/advice, and here's their take: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=39582

Interesting, cross-referenced with AAAC ("ask andy") forum, as well. I had no clue. Thanks for the eye-opener... It's kinda sad--I keep finding out how out-of-touch some of my dad's stuff is (he uses tie chains). I guess I need to hunt out a few new long ties sometime soon and ditch the chains.

I think this post is the best actual explanation I've found about the subject:

they're still tacky-looking.

It's guilt by association - those who wear or wore such things previously have altered our perception of the item itself. As an accessory, were it the province of the hip or the stylish, we might perceive the accessory differently, but, as it was adopted as an accessory by those whose style most would eschew, we (on this forum) generally (with exceptions) eschew the accessory as well.

Apparently, tie chains are connected to gangsters, very old folks, televangelists, used car salesmen, and the like.

Last edited:
Not that it really matters, but I wore a white linen pocket square in a tv fold to all my interviews and had multiple acceptances.

I just like the way they look and have always worn them, but I would advise against any flashy folds, often seen on football players.

To follow up on my suit, I dropped them off earlier today to get them fitted. I can pick them up next Monday, so I'll probably post a picture of myself in a more cleaned, trim, and nice picture. Not like that shoddy one earlier (although the feedback was helpful, thanks!)

As for pocket squares, are they really that necessary? I learned that some people may take it as too classy or, on the opposite spectrum, as too messy (because you need to clean up frequently).

In other words, I'm probably going to head into my interview napkin-less to avoid both stigmas unless I hear differently.

Last edited:
To follow up on my suit, I dropped them off earlier today to get them fitted. I can pick them up next Monday, so I'll probably post a picture of myself in a more cleaned, trim, and nice picture. Not like that shoddy one earlier (although the feedback was helpful, thanks!)

As for pocket squares, are they really that necessary? I learned that some people may take it as too classy or, on the opposite spectrum, as too messy (because you need to clean up frequently).

In other words, I'm probably going to head into my interview napkin-less to avoid both stigmas unless I hear differently.

Don't wear a pocket square unless it's a white "TV" (little line) fold like MCP1 mentioned. While pocket squares are considered by some (AAAC, StyleForum, etc.) a stylistic necessity, they are also usually considered very flashy by the general public. For instance, the picture I posted on the previous page is NOT how I would wear a PS to interview. Most people don't use them, anyway.

someone please correct me if i'm wrong... but IMHO no one gives a flying S what your suit looks like, or the knot of your tie, or your shoes, or the color of your tie, or the color of your shirt, or the stripes/non-stripes on your suit, or how many buttons your suit has.

just wear a f'ing suit, look neat and conservative, and methinks they care much more about what comes out of your mouth, your sincerity, etc. etc. than what you're wearing.

or am i completely wrong on this?

Is an interviewer thinking "Wow, that's a great f'ing suit. You are in!"? Hopefully not. Do they have an "impression" when they see something like "Hmm, this applicant is as well put together as his application, can't wait to hear more."? Hopefully yes. And not sure about you, but I feel much more confident when I know I am dressed sharp.

And danthemanvii, be sure to buy a "slim" shirt at MW, it will help your jacket hang a lot better. And the tie looks good to me. Looks like a similar color to Obama's tie in his healthcare speech and the tie George Clooney picked up in Brooks Brothers at the start of Up In the Air, so your are in good company. Not that your interviewer will care, but burgundy is sort of "out" of fashion for ties right now, too stodgy or something. The rusty red color (a la Clooney and POTUS) is the "in" red color.

...and please don't wear a pocket square.

Wear a white lab coat over scrubs. Add a stethescope to truly show how much you want it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got this suit for an interview in less than 2 weeks. I was looking for some feedback as to its color and how it should be tailored.

Its a dark charcoal gray,two button suit (the lighting of the room and the camera flash doesn't do it justice). Forgive the jacket's arm length, it is not yet pressed or cut. I haven't tailored the jacket (or the pants) for two reasons: so I have an open canvas to work with and so I don't void the return policy.

The shirt was as close to white I could get that was already in my wardrobe. I WILL go out and get a new white shirt soon.

The tie was hastily done with a four-in-hand knot, hence the rummaged appearance near the knot.
Click the thumbnail for a larger resolution. It goes up to about 2000 pixels in one direction, much too large to post on the thread directly.

Looks good. :thumbup:

I'm picking up my suit tomorrow (I'll post a pic then) but I just realized that the place that I'm interviewing at (Scranton, PA), is expected to snow this Friday! I live in a warm environment (Southern California) so I am definitely not prepared for this. Any suggestions on what I can get LAST MINUTE so I don't freeze during my interviews?

I'm picking up my suit tomorrow (I'll post a pic then) but I just realized that the place that I'm interviewing at (Scranton, PA), is expected to snow this Friday! I live in a warm environment (Southern California) so I am definitely not prepared for this. Any suggestions on what I can get LAST MINUTE so I don't freeze during my interviews?

thermal underwear (aka long johns). i live in florida and was able to find some at sears and walmart.

Go to a sporting goods store and get a white sleeveless under armour compression shirt and black under armour tights. These will keep you warm without making your suit bunch up. A bonus is that the shirt will keep your nipples from getting chafed! Also borrow (or buy from a thrift store) a canvas or wool overcoat. It doesn't need to look great, you can take it off before you walk into the admissions office.

thermal underwear (aka long johns). i live in florida and was able to find some at sears and walmart.

Go to a sporting goods store and get a white sleeveless under armour compression shirt and black under armour tights. These will keep you warm without making your suit bunch up. A bonus is that the shirt will keep your nipples from getting chafed! Also borrow (or buy from a thrift store) a canvas or wool overcoat. It doesn't need to look great, you can take it off before you walk into the admissions office.

I would be very very cautious about either of these, especially if you are from a warm environment and not used to dressing in layers. It may be snowing in Scranton, but you will be spending 99% of the day in a nice, climate-controlled indoor environment.

Combine wool suit with long underwear with stressful interview environment, and that is a recipe for a gross and sweaty day.

I would be very very cautious about either of these, especially if you are from a warm environment and not used to dressing in layers. It may be snowing in Scranton, but you will be spending 99% of the day in a nice, climate-controlled indoor environment.

Combine wool suit with long underwear with stressful interview environment, and that is a recipe for a gross and sweaty day.

Good point. I guess I'll freeze on my way to campus but I'll be fine once I get there.

Also, I got my suit!

http://img30.imageshack.us/i/img1031op.jpg/
http://img22.imageshack.us/i/img1035qz.jpg/

All of my interviews have been a mix of indoors and outdoors, with long cold bus rides and/or walks to the school. I am from Socal and was very comfortable at all of my cold weather interviews. Maybe you haven't worn Under Armour but it is wicking and doesn't make for a gross or sweaty experience. Also great to use for running, snowboarding, or whatever. But at least borrow an overcoat or you will freeze or worse get your new suit dirty.

All of my interviews have been a mix of indoors and outdoors, with long cold bus rides and/or walks to the school. I am from Socal and was very comfortable at all of my cold weather interviews. Maybe you haven't worn Under Armour but it is wicking and doesn't make for a gross or sweaty experience. Also great to use for running, snowboarding, or whatever. But at least borrow an overcoat or you will freeze or worse get your new suit dirty.

I was mostly referring to the long underwear suggestion...underarmour is not as bad but is not a miracle product like you make it sound. I stand by the advice; too many layers are unnecessary and potentially uncomfortable.

You definitely need a coat to get you to the interview without freezing.

I was mostly referring to the long underwear suggestion...underarmour is not as bad but is not a miracle product like you make it sound. I stand by the advice; too many layers are unnecessary and potentially uncomfortable.

You definitely need a coat to get you to the interview without freezing.

well, long underwear works for me. and i'm used to hot weather, like jamaica and miami. so i need the extra layers in the cold, even when inside. as long as i'm not running around, it's barely noticeable. plus, the warmer i am, the more comfortable i am. so, to each his/her own.

This actually looks pretty good. Lavender shirts are all the rage. I would change the color of the tie to a solid medium gray and the pocket square to white. Too much color matching going on here.

If you want to keep your tie down but don't like showing any accessories, do this: Tie the tie, put the narrow end in the keeper (the loop in the back of the fat end), then take the narrow end and tuck it into one of the gaps between the buttons of your shirt. This works for the most part.

If you're still having trouble, do the same as above and buy yourself a simple tie bar. If you don't want to the tie bar to show, simply clip the tie bar to the narrow end but only after you put the narrow end into the keeper. If you clip the tie bar below the keeper point and clip the narrow end to the shirt's placket, it will keep the narrow end down. Then the keeper will anchor the fat end to the narrow end. There you have it, the fat end is anchored and no tie bar is showing. In fact, this is the way tie bars should be worn.

I fully intend to wear this (maybe minus the pocket square... not sure) to any interview in a relatively liberal area.

photo25c.jpg

Yes, the shirt is lavendar =P

I need to work on my conservative business attire... I own too many stripes, french cuffs, and colors.

Last edited:
This actually looks pretty good. Lavender shirts are all the rage. I would change the color of the tie to a solid medium gray and the pocket square to white. Too much color matching going on here.

If you want to keep your tie down but don't like showing any accessories, do this: Tie the tie, put the narrow end in the keeper (the loop in the back of the fat end), then take the narrow end and tuck it into one of the gaps between the buttons of your shirt. This works for the most part.

If you're still having trouble, do the same as above and buy yourself a simple tie bar. If you don't want to the tie bar to show, simply clip the tie bar to the narrow end but only after you put the narrow end into the keeper. If you clip the tie bar below the keeper point and clip the narrow end to the shirt's placket, it will keep the narrow end down. Then the keeper will anchor the fat end to the narrow end. There you have it, the fat end is anchored and no tie bar is showing. In fact, this is the way tie bars should be worn.

The problem we were discussing earlier is that many (most) of my ties aren't long enough to get the thin end in the keeper, so the chains help keep the thin end in check. But apparently they're gaudy.

Good point on the matchy-matchy... I figured they were all off-color enough that it wasn't like a bought a tie-square set, hahaha. The white PS is definitely my choice for interviews tho. =)

The problem we were discussing earlier is that many (most) of my ties aren't long enough to get the thin end in the keeper, so the chains help keep the thin end in check. But apparently they're gaudy.

Good point on the matchy-matchy... I figured they were all off-color enough that it wasn't like a bought a tie-square set, hahaha. The white PS is definitely my choice for interviews tho. =)

Go with a four-in-hand knot. It is a classier knot, looks better, and leaves more length in the narrow end. The fat knots are abhorred for the same reason that tie chains are abhorred. The fat knot is associated with mobsters and the zoot suit set. Or let the narrow end dangle free. Sometimes, it is best to look as if everything is unplanned.

Go with a four-in-hand knot. It is a classier knot, looks better, and leaves more length in the narrow end. The fat knots are abhorred for the same reason that tie chains are abhorred. The fat knot is associated with mobsters and the zoot suit set. Or let the narrow end dangle free. Sometimes, it is best to look as if everything is unplanned.

My military background is where the Half-Windsor comes from lol. I'll give the FIH a shot next time I dress up =)

So I've got an interview scheduled in a city that will have 4-6 inches of snowfall. To make matters worse, I'll probably arrive back home during a snow shower too (I might not have time to change before catching my flight).

How do you take care of your suit/tie/shoes on salt & snow covered streets?

So I've got an interview scheduled in a city that will have 4-6 inches of snowfall. To make matters worse, I'll probably arrive back home during a snow shower too (I might not have time to change before catching my flight).

How do you take care of your suit/tie/shoes on salt & snow covered streets?

Unless you're rolling in the snow, the suit and tie should be fine. Assuming you take care of the shoes, they can handle the snow and salt. Just wipe them off with a dry or damp towel (paper towels work fine) as soon as you can.

I've been gone from this thread for a bit, so I need to catch up.

To the cold weather guy: I second the advice about _not_ wearing long underwear under your suit. You may be used to warm weather, etc, but you need to realize that people in cold climates tend to blast the heat to compensate. It may be cold outside, but it is often quite toasty indoors. Long underwear plus a suit is a recipe for disaster.

As far as knot suggestions, I agree with all advice against a full Windsor, but the choice between a half Windsor and a four-in-hand really depends on the tie. If the material is relatively heavy or the tie is a bit fat, by all means go with the four-in-hand. If not, a half-Windsor might be your best bet. I find the FIH looks out of place if the material isn't heavy enough, leaving a tiny and unsatisfying knot.

Also, I hate pocket squares in business-type settings. Save them for the wedding dance. Add color in your tie or your shirt instead.

Also, I hate pocket squares in business-type settings. Save them for the wedding dance. Add color in your tie or your shirt instead.

Pocket squares are business appropriate. Maybe not at most casual weekdays offices in the US. If everything was a matter of whether something is too colorful or superfluous, why not ditch the tie too? Hell, how about denim onesies for everyone? With a flap for taking poops.

Tiger Woods knows what I'm talking about. He ditched the tie. Or lost it after throwing it off in a fit of passion with a local lass.

post_image-0219_tiger_woods_00.jpg

Btw, black suits should be avoided. In case you guys haven't heard.

You guys should strive for something like this below. Simple, fits well, proper cuff, proper length, proper inseam, proper shoes, completely boring and perfect. Why get all flashy?

greytiemarch102r.jpg

You guys should strive for something like this below. Simple, fits well, proper cuff, proper length, proper inseam, proper shoes, completely boring and perfect. Why get all flashy?

greytiemarch102r.jpg

Excellent! It looks exactly like the suit I wore during my interview season for med school. I paid $900 for it at Nordstroms and then bought a nice pair of black Allen Edmonds shoes. I usually wear a more colorful tie, though, red or burgundy.

I am planning on wearing my ensemble next year during my residency interview season. I look just like the guy in the photo from the neck down. Glad it meets with your professional approval. I will venture into my next round of interviews with confidence in my professional appearance.

greytiemarch102r.jpg

Very nice suit

Last edited:
Damn! If only I had the money for that set-up! =)

If you are short on money, and many applicants are, go to JC Penny, Mens Wearhouse, or Jos A Bank, they have sales just about everyday. A couple of times a year Jos A Bank discounts their signature gold line of suits to $200. Pick up a set of solid navy or charcoal colored suit. Get a pair that fits decently for less than $200, and get it tailored by an experienced tailor for another ~ $80 or so.

Get a white shirt with spread color and a blue or maroon tie with silver dots for around $25 each, and a pair of black or dark brown dress shoes with round or pointed tips for $100. A matching belt for $25, and a simple leather strap watch for $15 and you are good to go. All for less than $450

The qualities on these won't last if you are wearing them every day, but for interview season and then monthly social events in med school, they should last you through residency interview.

If you are short on money, and many applicants are, go to JC Penny, Mens Wearhouse, or Jos A Bank, they have sales just about everyday. A couple of times a year Jos A Bank discounts their signature gold line of suits to $200. Pick up a set of solid navy or charcoal colored suit. Get a pair that fits decently for less than $200, and get it tailored by an experienced tailor for another ~ $80 or so.

Get a white shirt with spread color and a blue or maroon tie with silver dots for around $25 each, and a pair of black or dark brown dress shoes with round or pointed tips for $100. A matching belt for $25, and a simple leather strap watch for $15 and you are good to go. All for less than $450

The qualities on these won't last if you are wearing them every day, but for interview season and then monthly social events in med school, they should last you through residency interview.

I mostly meant the shoes, although this is perhaps the best post on the essentials for interviews I've ever read. I've always wanted some AE's, they're just so expensive for a student! I really wanna do a suit MTM some day... I think that'd be nice =)

Damn! If only I had the money for that set-up! =)

My grandmother gave me the money for the clothes. She grew up poor on a farm in South Dakota and liked the idea of her grandson becoming a doctor. Alas, she is too old to come to my med school commencement next year. I wish that she could be there, because I will be wearing the suit that she bought me for my interview season.

Love my grandmother. She is very sweet!

IDK if this helps anyone, but why not share

I got a Perry Ellis Navy Blue with light Blue pin-stripe like Suit on a decent Discount @ $80.00

Shirt was I believe $50.00--light Blue

The sales-man said he'd tailored and sold suits for >40 years, and that light blue was the best to go for an interview. It looked formal, and you'd be more comfortable in it than in plain white.

Tie was about $40.00--Red/Dark Blue/Light Blue Dark
--Sales-man said it was important to have Red for Power/Confidence

The pants ended up being a little long, and I bought them 2 days before the 1st interview, so didn't end up with time to have them adjusted. I pulled them up over my stomach a bit, and they worked out fine.

Long story short, about $180.00 after taxes. The shoes I already had, pretty inexpensive shoes @ that. The belt and socks, I already has as well--also very inexpensive.

I had 3 interviews; 2 acceptances, 1 Waitlist

I guess if you have the money and you want to go the extra-mile for it, go for it. But, if your pockets are a little more like mine, you don't have to break the bank--just look nice.

IDK if this helps anyone, but why not share

I got a Perry Ellis Navy Blue with light Blue pin-stripe like Suit on a decent Discount @ $80.00

Shirt was I believe $50.00--light Blue

The sales-man said he'd tailored and sold suits for >40 years, and that light blue was the best to go for an interview. It looked formal, and you'd be more comfortable in it than in plain white.

Tie was about $40.00--Red/Dark Blue/Light Blue Dark
--Sales-man said it was important to have Red for Power/Confidence

The pants ended up being a little long, and I bought them 2 days before the 1st interview, so didn't end up with time to have them adjusted. I pulled them up over my stomach a bit, and they worked out fine.

Long story short, about $180.00 after taxes. The shoes I already had, pretty inexpensive shoes @ that. The belt and socks, I already has as well--also very inexpensive.

I had 3 interviews; 2 acceptances, 1 Waitlist

I guess if you have the money and you want to go the extra-mile for it, go for it. But, if your pockets are a little more like mine, you don't have to break the bank--just look nice.

Light blue is fine, but there's also nothing wrong with a white shirt. Why would white shirt make you not comfortable?

A few more tips:

Clean your shoes with a leather cleaner/conditioner ($5 - 10). Even better is to actually shine your shoes.

Buy a lint roller ($1-2 at walmart/target) and use it the night before your interview.

Iron your shirt if it gets too wrinkly. Same goes for suits, you can get your suit pressed, it's free if you bought it from Mens Wearhouse or Jos A Bank or Brooks Brothers, etc. Don't iron suits unless you know for sure it doesn't have glue in it.

If you drank a crap ton of coffee studying for the MCAT, and a crap ton of beer after the MCAT, get your teeth whitened. A kit costs ~$20. It's these little things that would help give a positive impression, and won't cost much. A $2000 bespoke suit isn't going to do you any good if you got yellow teeth when you smile while shaking your interviewer's hand.

Shave, and get a haircut if it's too long. Please no guido spiked hairstyles.

A few more tips:
Iron your shirt if it gets too wrinkly. Same goes for suits, you can get your suit pressed, it's free if you bought it from Mens Wearhouse or Jos A Bank or Brooks Brothers, etc. Don't iron suits unless you know for sure it doesn't have glue in it.

Don't iron your suit, you're more likely to make it worse (or wreck it) than make it better. Instead, do this: when you're taking your morning shower, hang the suit in the bathroom. Make sure it gets nice and steamy, and the wrinkles should just fall out.

If you drank a crap ton of coffee studying for the MCAT, and a crap ton of beer after the MCAT, get your teeth whitened. A kit costs ~$20. It's these little things that would help give a positive impression, and won't cost much. A $2000 bespoke suit isn't going to do you any good if you got yellow teeth when you smile while shaking your interviewer's hand.

Shave, and get a haircut if it's too long. Please no guido spiked hairstyles.

Get a haircut the week before, not the day before. Definitely brush and floss the day of your interview.

Don't iron your suit, you're more likely to make it worse (or wreck it) than make it better. Instead, do this: when you're taking your morning shower, hang the suit in the bathroom. Make sure it gets nice and steamy, and the wrinkles should just fall out.

If you want to get fancy - you can iron a suit by putting a protective layer between the suit and the iron (like a soft cotton cloth or in a pinch a cotton tshirt). The indirect heat gets the wrinkles out without damaging the suit.

Get a haircut the week before, not the day before.

agree

If you want to get fancy - you can iron a suit by putting a protective layer between the suit and the iron (like a soft cotton cloth or in a pinch a cotton tshirt). The indirect heat gets the wrinkles out without damaging the suit.

I didn't think it was that fancy, just easy and it works. You're taking the shower anyways, might as well kill two birds with one stone.

Get a haircut the week before, not the day before. Definitely brush and floss the day of your interview.

Very good advice!

And avoid celery if they have a veggie platter at the breakfast/lunch if you haven't interviewed yet.

Very good advice!

And avoid celery if they have a veggie platter at the breakfast/lunch if you haven't interviewed yet.

I'm going to go ahead and show my ignorance...why avoid celery? I don't even care for the stuff, just curious now lol

gets stuck in your teeth easily

Makes sense.

Someone told me that soda is fine after the actual interview, but avoid it before and or during the interview part of the trip--burping while explaining why you want to be a doctor isn't awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.