Mentors

Started by Annakei
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Annakei

Therapist
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How many of you have one? I ask because at the APA convention this year as part ofthe APAGS programming, women were encouraged to find mentors who would be able to provide support now and throughout their careers. Im HAPPY to say that Ive finally found one!! We do not personally know each other but someone that Ive admired for a long time based on her career path and dedication to psychology and the law. I saw no harm in sending an email, so I did and she has agreed to mentor me throughout the process!

Anyhoo, just wanted to know if any of you (male of female) have mentors and if so what's the best aspect of that relationship for you?