Mercer C/O 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrCoolDPh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking to see who else is interested in Mercer! I will definitely be applying! Love Atlanta!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm applying as well! This is my first choice! Atlanta, sheesh!

Yeah, I havent submitted my application yet. I plan on doing it by Oct 1st. When are you applying and would you mind sharing your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
Received an email from Mercer stating that my app is complete.

"You will be notified of an admissions decision within the next two to three weeks"

Anybody else on the same boat?

Thanks,

I got the same email yesterday from Mercer as well!! SOO excited and anxious to hear back from them

Interview invites started :laugh:

Got my interview invite yesterday!! I"ll be there on September 14th at 1pm!! Who else will be there??

hebr222, can you please check your mail? I sent you a question I am hoping you can help me with. Thank you!

I will definitely be there on September 14th 1pm =D I got two nights at a nearby hotel and a rent car to get me around. <3

I am scheduled for August 21st at 9am. So exited!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did anyone else get the same time?

I have an interview Friday Sept 14th! This will be my second interview with Mercer I'm super excited. Hope to see you guys there.

I have an interview Friday Sept 14th! This will be my second interview with Mercer I'm super excited. Hope to see you guys there.

Ooooohhhh Can you please share with us how their interview is set up? They say 3 hours so it should go by really quickly. >,>

So far we have three people signed up for the Friday 14th interview =) Wish us all a good luck, hope we become classmates :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you Forever Changed =D Good luck to you as well on your interview next week.

I found this online. It explains how their rolling admission works, how applicants are reviewed as well as what to expect from their curriculum. :cool:

http://cophs.mercer.edu/pdfs/pharmd.pdf

Last edited:
For those who have not interviewed with Mercer and have a scheduled interview coming up don't worry too much. The interview process is very laid back. The general format is
1. An introduction to the school
2. School campus tour
3. Faculty interview
4. Group discussion
5. Student interview

You are placed in groups of 2-5 so you may have the student interview before the faculty interview of vice versa. You are placed within groups before the interview so the sequence will vary depending on what group you are placed in. The faculty interview is really laid back. Just cover the basic pharmacy school interview questions and you should be ok. Good luck to you all. Decisions for the Sept. 14th Interview will be made within 10 days. I have my fingers crossed. :)

Does anyone know how we find out? Do they call us or do they email us with their answer? Did anyone here about how many students from each interview group get accepted? Good luck to everyone finding out soon!:)

For those who have not interviewed with Mercer and have a scheduled interview coming up don't worry too much. The interview process is very laid back. The general format is
1. An introduction to the school
2. School campus tour
3. Faculty interview
4. Group discussion
5. Student interview

You are placed in groups of 2-5 so you may have the student interview before the faculty interview of vice versa. You are placed within groups before the interview so the sequence will vary depending on what group you are placed in. The faculty interview is really laid back. Just cover the basic pharmacy school interview questions and you should be ok. Good luck to you all. Decisions for the Sept. 14th Interview will be made within 10 days. I have my fingers crossed. :)

Thanks for the heads up! I just got an invite for September 28th today. Really excited and unexpected since tr email I got yesterday said that it would take 2-3 weeks before I heard back from the admissions committee :)

Good luck to all on the upcoming interviews. You made it this far so just have faith in yourself and you'll do great.
:thumbup:

Hey anyone flying in from out of state have any recommendations for hotel and shuttle services. Feel free to pm me i'm interviewing on the 28th of september and I'm still deciding about where to stay and my travel arrangements, but I'm pretty certain that I will be flying out on the 27th and coming back on the same day.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks guys :)

Last edited:
Does anyone know how we find out? Do they call us or do they email us with their answer? Did anyone here about how many students from each interview group get accepted? Good luck to everyone finding out soon!:)

I believe they called last year. Not sure how they will do it this year, but I hope they call ^^ I doubt that there is a certain number of students they take per each interview group.

Earliest we will find out is... Friday o_O my fingers are so crossed, I think they are permanently locked together now. :p

Good luck oogin and to all the rest of the applicants on here. If you were there on September 14th, then it was a pleasure to meet you all. If you are interviewing tomorrow, don't panic. Take a good deep breath if you feel nervous and most of all, enjoy the experience. You worked hard to get this far, just try and learn as much as you can and compose yourself at the door. You got this.

Warm regards to all!

To those who had their interview on Sept 14th - good luck! We'll be there ;)
Were you done in exactly 3 hours?

Good luck oogin and to all the rest of the applicants on here. If you were there on September 14th, then it was a pleasure to meet you all. If you are interviewing tomorrow, don't panic. Take a good deep breath if you feel nervous and most of all, enjoy the experience. You worked hard to get this far, just try and learn as much as you can and compose yourself at the door. You got this.

Warm regards to all!

Thx for the good words of encouragement :)

They are very prompt. You'll be out of there by 4 if your interview is at 1pm. If you're aren't from around Atlanta and are trying to get out, try to beat rush hour. Traffic from 4-7 in Atlanta is horrible!

I got accepted!!! Just got a call from Emily :D Yay!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!! I just got accepted as well!!! They called around 5:30 Georgia time.

From reading the threads from last year, they did some calls on the day they met and some calls the morning after so good luck to everyone else still waiting to hear or from those going into the interview tomorrow.

Last edited:
I got accepted as well :))) I am sooo excited!!

Congratz to you all SincerelyMe, Hebr222 and P0921658! :D We really should start making a Facebook page for the Mercer class of 2017. ^^

I was wondering if you guys received Emily's email today. She said she will be sending it out today yet I didn't get it o_O <= starting to wonder if I just dreamt the whole thing lol

Thanks in advance!

oogin since you thought of the idea you should start one. I will join it :)
And don't worry I didn't receive an e-mail either. I'm sure Emily is really busy or just wanted to start her weekend. Besides we have plenty of time to get everything done considering the semester doesn;t start until August! I'm so happy. Kudos to you guys I have to start thinking about where I'm going to move to soon...

lol I will leave the Facebook making to those who know what they are doing XD Please feel free to step up, and I will join asap. Would love to get to know fellow classmates and talk about living arrangements, stress management, etc.

Good to know that emails weren't sent out today >,< What a relief!

I talked to Jordana yesterday around 5pm with some questions I had and she said they would be sending emails Monday since they had interviews on Friday. You didnt dream it!

What were you're GPA/PCAT scores when applying to Mercer?

Jordana called me at 5:47 and told me that I got in! See some of you next fall!!

Pcat: 76
gpa: 3.57

Last edited:
Hey everyone!

Just wanted to introduce myself:

I'm Spenser Harris, and I'm a P2 at Mercer! I was pretty active last year for the SDN thread for C/O 2016, and am involved with the pharmacy ambassador program, which are the group of students that help facilitate the interviews for you all. I came to Atlanta from Orlando, Florida, and studied Psychology at the University of Central Florida. Additionally, I am the 2015 class president.

Like I said, I was active on SDN last year, and will continue that trend throughout this year's application process.

I will make my best effort to assist you all in anyway I can!

I told you about my undergrad work and where I am from because because I took a non-traditional route, and it might be helpful for some of you to pick my brain.

If you have any questions about:
1) Moving far away from family or friends.
2) Transitioning to Pharmacy school courseload.
3) Having a non-science background.
4) Leadership positions, and professional organizations at Mercer.
5) Mercer in general.
6) Our curriculum.
7) Life.

I am here to help!

Good luck to everyone, and I wish you all the best.

Thanks for making a Facebook page! I already liked it and I hope to see some of you on there:)

Exactly how hard is to get into Mercer, compared to other schools? I know it is all based on your application and the applicant pool but is it relatively difficult to be called in for an interview and then accepted? I recently had an interview and I am nervous about whether or not I will get in.

Exactly how hard is to get into Mercer, compared to other schools? I know it is all based on your application and the applicant pool but is it relatively difficult to be called in for an interview and then accepted? I recently had an interview and I am nervous about whether or not I will get in.

The way Dr. Bartling said it was
1000+ applications
~400 interviews
150 accepted

That should give you some idea

Last edited:
For all of you who already got accepted, did you already have a degree?

Yes. I have a degree in Bio. About 80% of the accepted applicants have degrees.

I graduated in August with a degree in microbiology and molecular biology. I did meet several students at the interview who were still finishing up coursework tho.

Last edited:
I was recently accepted and I'll be done with my bio degree in May.

Hey Spenser,

Can you describe maybe a day in the life of your Pharmacy School experience so far? I have several friends who are in medical school and I was wondering how Pharmacy School would compare to Medical school in terms of difficulty, how much time you devote to studying vs. social time, ect. One of the pharmacists at the retail pharmacy I work at said she had the best time of her life in Pharmacy school because she was able to have a social life and study enough to comprehend and pass her courses with exceptional grades. I guess I just wanted to get your personal perspective and see what a day in the life would be for a typical pharmacy student in comparison to undergraduate studies and also in comparison to medical school studies.

Last edited:
What questions was everyone asked in their interview? And were the interviews one on one?

What questions was everyone asked in their interview? And were the interviews one on one?
There were one on one interviews and a group interview as posted earlier in the thread. As far as specific questions, I don't think it's fair to all the applicants to share the questions that were asked. Do your homework and research pharmacy interview topics, that's how I did it and if helped me feel more prepared for the interview day. Good luck!