Jun 10, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I could only find old threads, so I thought I'd make a new one. I was just accepted into MSPCS last week! :) Anyone else applied/accepted/attending Mercer?

For those that have already been through one of the programs, how was your experience? Any advice for the entering classes?

Shotapp

2+ Year Member
Jan 1, 2015
GA
Status
Pre-Medical
@oldbluegenes
I plan to attend this program in 2020. I had multiple talks with Slm2316. She did the program and got into Mercer School of Medicine. I might hit you up by pm just to see your progress when you're half-way thru the program.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I could only find old threads, so I thought I'd make a new one. I was just accepted into MSPCS last week! :) Anyone else applied/accepted/attending Mercer?

For those that have already been through one of the programs, how was your experience? Any advice for the entering classes?
I applied as well, did you have to interview ?

May 12, 2018

Do you mind sharing your stats? Just curious. I applied, didn't get in this time.

May 12, 2018
Perhaps my undergrad gpa hurt me more, I decided to do some post-bacc courses/retakes after graduating since my undergrad gpa was low -- maintained a 4.0 post-bacc gpa, did research for a year, and worked as a pharm tech while in school. Perhaps still not as competitive. It's just upsetting how much money you have to put in, to continuously bring your self back up. And sadly, I don't think I'll apply again -- actually applied last year too. This year decided to apply to more programs, so hope to hear some good news from those. Good luck to all those accepted!

Reactions: Shotapp

DT III

Douglas Dilaudid
2+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Perhaps my undergrad gpa hurt me more, I decided to do some post-bacc courses/retakes after graduating since my undergrad gpa was low -- maintained a 4.0 post-bacc gpa, did research for a year, and worked as a pharm tech while in school. Perhaps still not as competitive. It's just upsetting how much money you have to put in, to continuously bring your self back up. And sadly, I don't think I'll apply again -- actually applied last year too. This year decided to apply to more programs, so hope to hear some good news from those. Good luck to all those accepted!
What was your GPA? How many credit hours of postbac did you do and what is your current GPA?

Reactions: Shotapp
OP
oldbluegenes
Jun 10, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Do you mind sharing your stats? Just curious. I applied, didn't get in this time.
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you get into one of the other programs you applied to. This whole process is stressful, but good luck to you!

I have a 3.4 cGPA and 501 MCAT (will retake).

May 12, 2018
Well sorta good news, I got on the waiting list after a few emails about feedback and explaining my schedule. But of course idk how big the wait list is, which has got me slightly worried. They said final day to know is July 12th....so hope some spots open up. Anyone know anything about wait list?

OP
oldbluegenes
Jun 10, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Well sorta good news, I got on the waiting list after a few emails about feedback and explaining my schedule. But of course idk how big the wait list is, which has got me slightly worried. They said final day to know is July 12th....so hope some spots open up. Anyone know anything about wait list?
I don't know anything about the waitlist, but in my acceptance email they stated the deadline to accept or decline acceptance was this week. My guess is they'll wait to receive all the "declines" and then choose people from the waitlist to fill those spots? idk, but I hope this info helps you somehow.

Reactions: lilybird30