Mercer M.S. -- Preclinical Sciences and Biomedical Sciences 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if successful MSPCS students can apply to Mercer medical school if you are an out of state resident? And do you all know of how others enjoyed this program and how it helped them gain entry into professional schools after? I applied 5/6 and I’m still waiting to hear back, but I really want to get in.

Hello, I recently completed the Masters program this May and to my knowledge Mercer Med is extremely mission focused which includes only accepting GA residents. I have heard of students that change their residency once starting the program which allows them to apply to the MD side.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I recently completed the Masters program this May and to my knowledge Mercer Med is extremely mission focused which includes only accepting GA residents. I have heard of students that change their residency once starting the program which allows them to apply to the MD side.

hello! I recently got accepted to their program for this fall. I was wondering how was your experience with this program and was it hard to learn when you went online due to the pandemic? They told us fall semester will be online and I’m possibly reconsidering going to another program since they will have in-person classes.

Reactions: 1 user
I got accepted! @Musclem4n thanks for reading my letter man. Btw, does anyone know whether we have to apply for graduate plus loans? I believe the program is about 23k, and FAFSA only grants 20k in loans. I'm not sure Mercer will give any extra money out

Members don't see this ad :)
hello! I recently got accepted to their program for this fall. I was wondering how was your experience with this program and was it hard to learn when you went online due to the pandemic? They told us fall semester will be online and I’m possibly reconsidering going to another program since they will have in-person classes.
I don't use this forum much so sorry for the late reply but I will PM you. Congrats on the acceptance!!!

I don't use this forum much so sorry for the late reply but I will PM you. Congrats on the acceptance!!!
Do you mind replying to the forum? I'm also interested in the same information. It would be helpful in making a decision.

Does anyone know if successful MSPCS students can apply to Mercer medical school if you are an out of state resident? And do you all know of how others enjoyed this program and how it helped them gain entry into professional schools after? I applied 5/6 and I’m still waiting to hear back, but I really want to get in.

Mercer only accepts Georgia residents. If you can establish residency by working in Georgia for a year, then I can see them accepting you. Fyi you can't establish Georgia residency while you're a student. I know out of staters who try, and it doesn't work out.

Hey, I've recently been accepted to the Preclinical Sciences MS as well. Would you be willing to message me about your experiences in the program?

Could you please also message me about your experience with the program? Especially since you had to switch to online and how that was like?

Could you please also message me about your experience with the program? Especially since you had to switch to online and how that was like?
Yea I wish it was in person but hey..it's all good!! I will definitely keep you all updated!! Wish me luck..wish you the same

Yea I wish it was in person but hey..it's all good!! I will definitely keep you all updated!! Wish me luck..wish you the same
Thank you and I wish you the best as well! Keep pushing even if you have to crawl. You will certainly reach your goal in due time.

Hi! I’ve also been accepted into this program for this fall. I was wondering if there was a Facebook group for this program?

Hi! I’ve also been accepted into this program for this fall. I was wondering if there was a Facebook group for this program?
Unfortunately, I do not think there is a FB group for the program. Plus, I don't have a FB...shocking I know. However, it is my new year resolution haha.

Anyone know if they started 2021 acceptance to the masters programs??

Anyone know if Mercer Univ School of Med started announcing 2021 acceptances to the masters programs??

Anyone know if Mercer Univ School of Med started announcing 2021 acceptances to the masters programs??
According to my email, they mention acceptances will be announce in Mid-June. I have been waiting since March.