Mercer Med school not coming from rural area

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDsquad107

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I needed advice on something. I am not from a rural area but my passion is to practice rural medicine. I grew up my whole life and attended college in Ga. I have volunteered in rural areas best I can but would this be a negative on my application based on where I'm located?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello!

I needed advice on something. I am not from a rural area but my passion is to practice rural medicine. I grew up my whole life and attended college in Ga. I have volunteered in rural areas best I can but would this be a negative on my application based on where I'm located?
I'm a current applicant, too, so take my feedback with a grain of salt, but I would think that both feeling passionate and showing that you're passionate about rural medicine is way better than simply living in a rural area and not giving anything beyond that to demonstrate that you're passionate about practicing rural medicine. It sounds like you are doing all of the right things! Good luck :)

Reactions: 1 user
I'm a current applicant, too, so take my feedback with a grain of salt, but I would think that both feeling passionate and showing that you're passionate about rural medicine is way better than simply living in a rural area and not giving anything beyond that to demonstrate that you're passionate about practicing rural medicine. It sounds like you are doing all of the right things! Good luck :)
Thank you for your kind words. I am really trying. I know I'm not near the school but I do help my community and am willing to devote my life to Ga. I truly hope admissions sees that.

Thank you for your kind words. I am really trying. I know I'm not near the school but I do help my community and am willing to devote my life to Ga. I truly hope admissions sees that.
Good Luck to you btw!

Reactions: 1 user