Merial Scholars Program 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefulinva

VMRCVM DVM/MPH c/o 2016
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just got accepted to the Merial Scholar's program. =) Was wondering if anyone else on here is doing it this year?

Members don't see this ad.

I did the Merial/NIH Symposium last year in CO and it was a pretty good time. I may do it again this year as I missed out on the other summer program here at Cornell by a spot or two due to decreased funding availability.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did the Merial/NIH Symposium last year in CO and it was a pretty good time. I may do it again this year as I missed out on the other summer program here at Cornell by a spot or two due to decreased funding availability.

I was under the impression you could only do it once? If not, good luck! Too bad about the Cornell program. I considered applying to that one as well, but the application date was so early! It passed me completely by, haha.

I'm applying, but it'll be a little awhile until I hear anything back. Fingers crossed!

Good luck!!

Hey there :) I also did the Merial program at VMRCVM. Definitely rewarding. Have you picked your mentor yet?

Oohh glad to see I'm following in such big shoes. =) We were assigned mentors according to our research interests. I opted for Environmental Health as my first choice, since it's interesting and I have ZERO experience in that field. I'll be working with Dr. Ehrich, no doubt on a toxicology project of some sort. ;)

I've been accepted to the Missouri program as a visiting student, but I am still deciding whether to accept that offer or other ones for lab animal medicine/wait for a few more that are still interviewing.

I was under the impression you could only do it once? If not, good luck! Too bad about the Cornell program. I considered applying to that one as well, but the application date was so early! It passed me completely by, haha.

Good luck!!

Oohh glad to see I'm following in such big shoes. =) We were assigned mentors according to our research interests. I opted for Environmental Health as my first choice, since it's interesting and I have ZERO experience in that field. I'll be working with Dr. Ehrich, no doubt on a toxicology project of some sort. ;)

Dr. Ehrich is very cool. I worked under Dr. Reilly (he's a VCOM/CMMID person) with his lupus mice (and yes, it was lupus this time! ;) )

I'll be heading to Michigan for the symposium. I'm from the WCVM, in Saskatoon, Canada. It'll be fun to see vet students from N Amer! I've barely started my research so I'm crossing my fingers I will have something to present!