Merry Christmas!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SleepIsGood

Support the ASA !
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm the first one to say it on here!

Merry Christmas!

Hope everyone gets some quality time to reflect on their lives and keep close to them those they love..

Members don't see this ad.

You are right you are the first, Merry Christmas and I hope this finds all well with the ones they love.

Members don't see this ad :)
What? No love for Kwanzaa?

I think it's principles, although a neoclassical tradition from the '60s rooted in African-American heritage, are far more cool and interesting when put in the perspective of our "struggles" against the man (i.e., JCAHO, health insurance companies, activist nursing groups who are trying to take something away from us...). Dig this, daddios:

• Umoja (Unity) To strive for and to maintain unity in the family, community, nation and race.
  • Kujichagulia (Self-Determination) To define ourselves, name ourselves, create for ourselves and speak for ourselves.
  • Ujima (Collective Work and Responsibility) To build and maintain our community together and make our brothers' and sisters' problems our problems and to solve them together.
  • Ujamaa (Cooperative Economics) To build and maintain our own stores, shops and other businesses and to profit from them together.
  • Nia (Purpose) To make our collective vocation the building and developing of our community in order to restore our people to their traditional greatness.
  • Kuumba (Creativity) To do always as much as we can, in the way we can, in order to leave our community more beautiful and beneficial than we inherited it.
  • Imani (Faith) To believe with all our heart in our people, our parents, our teachers, our leaders and the righteousness and victory of our struggle.
Just substitute "profession" for 'race', 'people' and 'stores, shops, and businesses', and "colleagues" for 'brother's and sisters'.

Happy Kwanzaa, m***** f*****s!

:laugh:

-copro

Of course, there's always "Festivus" too.

I already spend a lot of time on this forum participating in the "airing of grievances", though. So I think I don't need to do that this year. :laugh:

-copro