Messed Up first year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cristinayang16

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was just wondering. I royally messed up my first year of college and basically got really bad grades. I transferred to a different college after my first year, and now I'm in my third year and my cgpa is 3.88( at my new college). My MCAT is a 515.

Is there still a chance for me to go to medical school? I really want to apply to basically all the schools in New York(praying for NYU but who am I kidding). Should I think about taking a gap year/post bach program?

Members don't see this ad.

Absolutely. You aim high!!!

So I was just wondering. I royally messed up my first year of college and basically got really bad grades. I transferred to a different college after my first year, and now I'm in my third year and my cgpa is 3.88( at my new college). My MCAT is a 515.

Is there still a chance for me to go to medical school? I really want to apply to basically all the schools in New York(praying for NYU but who am I kidding). Should I think about taking a gap year/post bach program?

Members don't see this ad :)