This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cristinayang16

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I was just wondering. I royally messed up my first year of college and basically got really bad grades. I transferred to a different college after my first year, and now I'm in my third year and my cgpa is 3.88( at my new college). My MCAT is a 515.

Is there still a chance for me to go to medical school? I really want to apply to basically all the schools in New York(praying for NYU but who am I kidding). Should I think about taking a gap year/post bach program?
 
Absolutely. You aim high!!!


So I was just wondering. I royally messed up my first year of college and basically got really bad grades. I transferred to a different college after my first year, and now I'm in my third year and my cgpa is 3.88( at my new college). My MCAT is a 515.

Is there still a chance for me to go to medical school? I really want to apply to basically all the schools in New York(praying for NYU but who am I kidding). Should I think about taking a gap year/post bach program?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad