Messed Up MMI

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

slimshady 22

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Basically the title! Recently I did an MMI interview at my top school and feel like I did pretty bad. Especially, for one of the stations with the faculty member. He kept grinding me and then cut short the MMI like 3 minutes early, although it was the last station, so I don't really know what to make of that. And apart from that I also felt like another 1-2 stations were pretty hard. The schools has a low post-II acceptance rate in the first place, so I don't know what I can do now.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I'm sorry you feel you did poorly. If this process has taught me anything, it's that your post-interview feelings don't necessarily correlate with decisions. You might still have a good shot. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Basically the title! Recently I did an MMI interview at my top school and feel like I did pretty bad. Especially, for one of the stations with the faculty member. He kept grinding me and then cut short the MMI like 3 minutes early, although it was the last station, so I don't really know what to make of that. And apart from that I also felt like another 1-2 stations were pretty hard. The schools has a low post-II acceptance rate in the first place, so I don't know what I can do now.
You move on.

Reactions: 3 users
I had 2 specific interviews relatively close to each other that changed my perspective on the interview process. One was MMI and one was traditional one-on-one.

During the MMI I froze during 3 or 4 of the questions mumbling for maybe a minute and was forced into sharing opinions that I’m sure some would find controversial in order to answer questions. I thought I lost sight of the main objective a couple times and just rambled nonsense. I would have rated myself 6.5/10.

During the traditional interview I had an amazing conversation with the interviewer. She had 15 questions to optionally pull from, we got through 2 because we just kept having great banter. I think I shared my best stories and best qualities. At the end she told me that she would be so happy to have me as part of the cohort, share with the committee I’d be a perfect match, and I should expect to hear good news from them soon. I would have given myself a 9.5/10.

Both interviews were done before acceptances were being sent out. On the first day of acceptances for the MMI school I got the call. I still haven’t heard from the traditional interview school and they have only one window in March left before sending out rejections.

So as @Goro said, “You move on.” It doesn’t matter how you think you did. You did your best and it’s out of your hands now. Best of luck.

Reactions: 3 users